1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can car dock mode be disabled?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by smed1275, Dec 13, 2011.

1. smed1275

smed1275 New Member

As title says can car dock mode be disabled? So that it doesn't automatically go into car dock mode when inserted in to the dock.
  2. DeeMat

DeeMat New Member

I was about to ask the same question...
  3. scottysize

scottysize Active Member

If it can, I haven't found it. I have heard some say that they don't get the option. All you have to do is push the back arrow and it'll take you back to your home screen. I do it all the time watching football in the car :)
  4. pedanticsteve

pedanticsteve New Member

Pressing the back arrow is not the same as having the mode disabled. It does exit the dock mode temporarily but the phone is still in "dock mode" as indicated by the car dock icon in the status bar. I had a Droid X before the Razr and used my phone to provide the media for my car audio system through my car's USB port. Apparently the dock mode on the Razr disables media transfer through USB. I can still use my phone for its music in my car but I have to plug it in directly, bypassing the dock. This is not the way it worked on my old Droid phone.

If someone has any instructions on how to modify the car dock so it does not trigger the phone to enter dock mode, I would appreciate it. I like the look of the dock and, of course, it fits the phone much better than other generic car docks. Unfortunately, not being able to sync the media on my phone with my car is a deal breaker for me :(

Thanks
  5. lowboydrvr

lowboydrvr New Member

6. pedanticsteve

pedanticsteve New Member

its not a problem with the actual car dock app, its the mode the phone goes into when put in the car dock. When that car dock icon is showing in the notification bar the phone does not allow any data connections via the USB port. Even if I exit the car dock app the phone is still in that mode.

If I can disable the built-in car dock mode I might look at other docks to replace it but until then I would be happy with NO dock app. I just need to be able to use the USB port while the phone is docked for something other than jsut charging the phone.
  7. pedanticsteve

pedanticsteve New Member

oooh I am reading the app now and I was a bit hasty in my reply. I will try that and let you know :)
  8. pedanticsteve

pedanticsteve New Member

ok I installed it and it seems to work (if the car dock icon is any indication). I am in the office and will test this when I get back into my car.
  9. 2THEXTRM

2THEXTRM Member

Nothing in Smart Actions to override the car dock? My Bionic had car and home docks listed separately if i recall. If you are rooted, you probably could freeze car dock. Think the apk is readily accessible via TiBu or the like, if not, then in the system/app folder it could be bak'd;)

Freezing or renaming shouldn't affect anything else.

Sent from my Rooted ICS'd VTAB1008 using DroidForums
  10. pedanticsteve

pedanticsteve New Member

I can definitely set a "trigger" for when it gets put in the dock but no action to take that would prevent the dock mode.

I think that "DockNothing" app will do what I need but won't be able to verify until I get back down to my car. From my desk it appears to work though and I am optimistic.
  11. smed1275

smed1275 New Member

I was able to use bloat freezer to freeze the CarDock app. That stopped it from going into dock mode when placed in the dock. Been using it this way for several weeks now.
  12. pedanticsteve

pedanticsteve New Member

I just checked with my computer and I still can't access the data on my phone when its in the dock. It looks like it is not the dock mode but something with how the usb is wired inside the dock itself?
  13. polack

polack Member

I rooted my razr as soon as i bought it and then froze car dock with "my backup pro" now when i lock the charger down it goes straight into landscape. no more useless car dock.
  14. FoxKat

FoxKat Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I use it and it works perfectly. The phone display flutters for a split second but never leaves the normal home screen. All normal functions operate as if it were not docked. ;) Dock No Op also works. I haven't decided which one is better because I can't see a difference. Then there's "Dock Nothingness", and then there's NoDock, but that requires Root.
Search tags for this page
android disable dock mode
disable car dock on android
disable car mount on droid incredible 2

disable dock mode android

disable dock mode droid razr
droid 2 car dock disable
exit vehicle mode razor
how do i disable docking mode on the motorola droid
how to disable car mode on incredible 2
how to disable docking mode for htc incredible

how to turn off car mode on droid incredible 2