Disabling car mode

ForensicDroid

Reaction score
Is there any way to disable the default car mode? This thing is completely useless to me and is tedious when I dock the phone because I have to close it every time.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums

Last edited:

jimmiem

Reaction score
Well, if you're rooted you can use Titanium Backup to freeze the Car Home app. Without rooting I might suggest downloading a different car home app that you like better than the stock one. I found one that is pretty customizable and I like very much.

MTBryan

Reaction score
Am I missing something? Just drag down then click to disable? Takes like.02 seconds when car mode pops up when docked.

Sent from my TBolt

OP
ForensicDroid

ForensicDroid

Reaction score
No you're not missing anything. But I'd like it not to come up at all anymore. Dragging the bar down every time gets cumbersome. That's why I asked.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums

clifflmt

Reaction score
Use a universal mount instead of the car dock. Putting the phone into car mode is the primary feature of the car dock.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

DroidAx

Reaction score
On my droid x the car mode was triggered by a magnet inside the doc. If its the same for the TB then remove the magnet if you can. I know mine does not turn on unless i push it hard and hear a click. It also can be in the plug itself that activates the app. However there are only 2 screws in the back of the doc to investigate it further. Good luck.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums