Disable Bootup Animation Sound?

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Aside from making sure the phone is on mute before I reboot, is there any way to disable the sounds (any maybe even the vibrate) during the bootup animation?

qoncept

Reaction score
If you're rooted you can replace it with a silent boot animation.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Put your finger over the speaker hole (LOL!)...just kidding. As the others said, you can root and replace the audio with a blank track. You don't even need to replace the boot animation, just the .ogg file (system>media>droidhd.ogg). You will need to rename the existing one, and then name the blank one to the same droidhd.ogg as before. Then you'll change permissions for the file to rw-r--r-- and you're done. You do obviously need to be rooted to do these changes. In contrast, for someone like me who wants to hear it louder, it can be replaced with this procedure Droid RAZR BootAnimation w/Amplified audio file - xda-developers.

Last edited:
OP
Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Nope, I am not rooted - yet, anyway. I was hoping for a non-root solution for something so seemingly minor. The Maxx does seem to be a bit more locked down (here and there, with permissions and accesses) than my D1 was.

altjx

Reaction score
Speaking of, I wish I knew how to make this sound much louder, haha.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Speaking of, I wish I knew how to make this sound much louder, haha.

Making it louder involves replacing the droidhd.ogg file in /system/media with one that was modified. I did it and now it's nice and loud. I'll find the link and send it inn an edit to this post.

Edit: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1345636

This YouTube Link is for the Bionic with the file change but it's the same for the RAZR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNL40BTJzNQ

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

Last edited: