Did I make a wise move?

thomas1984

Reaction score
I ordered a razr from amazon today for 1 penny and got double data, So I pay for 2 gigs per month but get 4 gigs per month.. I have never owned a smart phone and no NOTHING about setting one up getting ring tones or anything. The last cell I owned was a razr v3 flip phone, and i am expecting to be blown away by this phone compared to my old razr. so in your opinion did I make a good move. get a good deal?

vonfink13

Reaction score
Great deal and good move..its an amazing device...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
As far as good deals go, I think you got the best one out there as long as Amazon does not have any hidden fees that are going to screw you if you change your mind. And the phone itself yeah I am pretty sure you are going to be blown away, just don't get overwhelmed at what this phone can do. I would Youtube videos of introduction to Android devices to get used to the OS and what it does. Start small setting up your email and maybe browse the market, I wouldn't go to crazy into the social media apps constantly updating because that will kill your battery. I think that is going to be the only thing that might throw you with the phone is getting the battery to last you through a whole day. I am sure coming from that other Razr you could go a few days between charges, be prepared to charge this thing every night and maybe through out the day.

A side note to the market when installing apps make sure you see what kind of permissions it is asking for when installing. They will tell you everything they want access to before install, just make sure it does not seem suspicious from what the app does. IE a flashlight app that just needs to turn on your cell phones camera LED should not need access to read your text messages and contact lists. These phones can do anything you want them to really these days, just make sure to take the time to learn to use it the way it fits your needs best. There is a ton of information on this forum and people are usually more than willing to help just have to ask, but make sure an search before posting in case your question has already been answered.

And welcome to the forum and the world of Android. :)

mastacox

Reaction score
You bought one of the best and fastest phones currently out, and got a healthy amount of data to go with it. You came out WAY ahead in my book, especially for only one penny!

Deron

Reaction score
Hell yes, you got a good deal. I paid $300 for mine and have not regretted it. Just visit these forums if you have any problems using your new phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Revans310

Reaction score
Yes got the same deal from Amazon I get it Friday was using the Nexus one but it died, I found my old Razr V3 but the battery won't hold a Charge.

Zandar

Reaction score
I did the exact same thing (Amazon deal for $0.01 and the 2GBx2 data deal for $30), so I think you got a great deal! I've used quite a few Android handsets, and this is by far and away the best; everything else I've used from the original Droid to dual core tablets doesn't even come close. It'll take you a little while to learn it all, but I guarantee you it'll be useful from day 1; it's just that you'll find more and more usefulness as you learn to use it more.

My phone is my internet browser, gaming device, alarm clock, camera, communications tool (IM, email, phone, etc.), GPS, and a lot more. You're going to love boarding the Android train!