Changing notification sound

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
So i downloaded Zedge and downloaded some notification sounds. Well I want to change the sound. I have gone into settings and sounds and then notification sound and changed it like a million times but the same sound keeps playing when i get a text. So for instance to help clarify....I changed the tone back to the original "DROID" tone. I get a text, and it doesn't play that ...it plays the one that i don't want and want to change even though I went in and changed it and double checked to make sure I did. Anybody else having this problem?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Zandar

Reaction score
Did you change it under notification sound, or in the texting app? Notification sound in the main menu is for the "default" sound; you need to set individual app sounds in the apps themselves.

Sliced from my RAZR

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
Did you change it under notification sound, or in the texting app? Notification sound in the main menu is for the "default" sound; you need to set individual app sounds in the apps themselves.

Sliced from my RAZR

I changed in under notification sound in Android settings

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
Set it in the texting app you use and you should be good to go.

Nope. Just changed it in the Zedge app and it didn't work. I feel so stupid. I've had a Android phone ever since the og DROID and never had this problem .....I just don't know what's the problem

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
I just deleted the Zedge app and changed the notification sound to "Droid" and it still plays the other sound that i dont want. wtf?

ITguy4

Reaction score
Go to where you send texts from. Not the ring tone app (Zedge, etc), but just as though you are going to send a text. Click the menu and click message settings. Somewhere on that screen you should see Notifications and Select Ring Tone. Selecting the ring tone you want HERE should set a ring tone specifically for text messages.

eddie7

Reaction score
Go to where you send texts from. Not the ring tone app (Zedge, etc), but just as though you are going to send a text. Click the menu and click message settings. Somewhere on that screen you should see Notifications and Select Ring Tone. Selecting the ring tone you want HERE should set a ring tone specifically for text messages.
Yeah what ITguy4 said. You can have several different notification sounds. You just need to go into their settings.