Did Google Screw Motorola And Everyone Over?

Breezer23

Reaction score
The patent office needs to pull it's head out. Some of the patents that are granted nowadays are absolutely bonkers. Not saying this is one of them but half the crap Apple patents is ridiculous.

everstar80

Reaction score
It sounds almost like the game monopoly. Like Motorola landed on park place which Microsoft owns with hotels and google is safe because they pull the cards that keep them getting richer. Seems like an adequate analogy.

R

RETG

This will probably be settled in a month or less. Moto will agree to make a few phones for the WIN platform, sign a statement, offer some fees (which we will pay for in the long run) and move on.

Just imagine MOTO WINX and a R2M7 models hitting your local provider stores in a few months.dancedroid

Fr8Hauler

Reaction score
Well

The law is the law. I'm sure that this has been in the works, however, It is odd that this comes to the forefront when Android begins taking market share. I know that they have created many tools and programs, that have accelerated the the industry, but maybe they should make theirs function properly before chasing patents.

Druuseph

Reaction score
This will probably be settled in a month or less. Moto will agree to make a few phones for the WIN platform, sign a statement, offer some fees (which we will pay for in the long run) and move on.

Just imagine MOTO WINX and a R2M7 models hitting your local provider stores in a few months.dancedroid

This is where I see it going as well. No one is ever going to go to a courtroom with this because it would end the extortion fees that are given behind the scenes. In fact, Motorola holding out forces Microsoft into a position they don't want to be in even if they are in a position to win the case. Patent laws don't protect a damn thing, they are just used as a way to get backroom income from your competitors in a way that screws customers more than it does the other company.

Pandemic187

Reaction score
The law is the law. I'm sure that this has been in the works, however, It is odd that this comes to the forefront when Android begins taking market share. I know that they have created many tools and programs, that have accelerated the the industry, but maybe they should make theirs function properly before chasing patents.
It all comes down to what RETG said. Android has been rapidly gaining popularity for a couple of years now, and there's this is just happening now. Microsoft is about to make a potentially major release, and they're trying to con Moto into using it. This isn't entitlement. It's manipulation.

Pandemic187

Reaction score
There's a reason this is just happening now. So used to being able to edit - need to read before I post.

lancelot323

Reaction score
The patent office might as well give a company a patent for "method of exchanging gaseous oxygen via alveoli", aka "BREATHING". These patents are so @#$&ing broad they border on the ridiculous.

Apple actually claimed "method of entering power saving and battery saving modes on a digital camera device"(or something similar). Why don't they sue Canon? And Nikon? And Samsung? And Fuji, Kodak, Polaroid, Casio, and Minolta? And every other camera manufacturer their is?

And this "Syncing email and calendars" thing? Microsoft should sue Apple. And Nokia. And RIM. And LG. And every manufacturer of every flavor of *NIX. And every single computer/hardware manufacturer in the world.

It's all become a game of "Oh, you have success? GIMME IT, I DESERVE IT MORE THAN YOU DO!"
"Why?"
"Ummm...uhhh...SHUT UP I JUST DO NOW GIVEITAMEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

And meanwhile, Google is just sitting back and letting it happen. Wow, what happened to Larry and Sergey's "Don't be evil"?

esmier

Reaction score
Like Microsoft doesn't have enough money already. It is their own fault for not creating quality products that can successfully compete with android. Also one has to realize that after a period of time, things become common knowledge, like multi touch. Multi touch is now considered common knowledge and apple cannot do anything about it.

All this actually is, is a bunch of companies that are trying to gang up on Google and anyone who supports them because big companies like Microsoft and Apple are losing mobile clients to android. Its just a power and greed game.

If they really wanted to compete and take the market from Google and their partners. They should invest all this money they spend on lawyers and try creating something worthwhile that people would want to go back to them. It really seems that they half-ass try things. Windows7 phone? ok it sounds like a nice idea, but they are ignoring a lot of surveys and people saying how they wont buy one. It is not like Microsoft is known for making stable OS in any form.

tgallo

Reaction score
All this actually is, is a bunch of companies that are trying to gang up on Google and anyone who supports them because big companies like Microsoft and Apple are losing mobile clients to android. Its just a power and greed game.

Microsoft, probably. Apple? No.

esmier

Reaction score

Microsoft, probably. Apple? No.

Apple has done its fair share of lawsuits against Google because of Android, only to fail and give up.

nbajam

Reaction score
You're reading way too much into HTC licensing from Microsoft and thinking it means anything in regards to any other manufacturer. The bottom line is HTC, Samsung, LG and others are building Windows Phone 7 devices...Motorola is not.

Why do you think they're suing only Motorola?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Like Microsoft doesn't have enough money already. It is their own fault for not creating quality products that can successfully compete with android.

If they really wanted to compete and take the market from Google and their partners. They should invest all this money they spend on lawyers and try creating something worthwhile that people would want to go back to them.

I agree 100% And I agree Apple is losing more folks to Android vs. Android losing more folks to Apple.

nbajam,...I didnt know Moto decided to do that. Now more than anything I hope they dont back down.

benb1974

Reaction score
I want to patent the number 2. From now on you all have to pay me to use it. and all capital letters too.

heem

Reaction score
I want to patent the number 2. From now on you all have to pay me to use it. and all capital letters too.

Now, get someone to license the number from you, that way idiots will think that means that your patent is valid.