Destroyed Droid

JoeJxn

Reaction score
First of all, hilarious, everyone. Comments had me rolling. Really.

Here are some pics of the phone. I'm not going into the details of the argument, though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/nygh/101_1018.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/nygh/101_1019.jpg

Second of all, maybe my initial post wasn't clear. I do NOT have a problem with the 2 year contract. I just wanted to know if that $99 price with a 2 year contract is for existing VZW customers, or am, I going to get another price shoved in my face when I walk into Best Buy tomorrow.

Unless your contract is up, or you're due for upgrade, you can't get that deal.

Look on craigslist, I bought a droid for $200. I wish I could've just upgraded to an Incredible but I'm still 6 months away from my upgrade date. But make sure you meet the seller at a Verizon store, so you don't get scammed by buying a stolen phone. That happened to me last week. Had to buy 2 Droids in 1 week. The 2nd one I met at a Verizon store and everything went flawlessly.

h8louzn

Reaction score
That is the upgrade price or new contract price for 2 year plan. If you are going to do that you can get it on wirefly.com for 19.99.. Might want to check that out also!

mrgoochio

Reaction score
Have you personally purchased from wirefly? I looked for reviews on the site and theres a ton of negative reviews. $20 for a droid seems too good to be true.. I've been eligible for a verizon phone upgrade since 2008 and have been sticking with my piece of crap lame-o phone and I'm trying to figure the best way to get myself a droid as well.

I'm on a family plan with 4 phones, including mine. The best-buy deal is the best thing I can find atm.. Is there anyway I can get an even better deal since I haven't upgraded since 2008? Site says I've been eligible since august 12, 2008

mcapozzi

Reaction score

Here are some pics of the phone. I'm not going into the details of the argument, though.

Second of all, maybe my initial post wasn't clear. I do NOT have a problem with the 2 year contract. I just wanted to know if that $99 price with a 2 year contract is for existing VZW customers, or am, I going to get another price shoved in my face when I walk into Best Buy tomorrow.

It should be.

Best Buy can also make deals (prices aren't firm), my Droid was 99 (new line on an existing family plan).

I would worry more about the wife than the phone.

A phone can't kill you while you sleep.

Good luck dude,

-Mike

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Got a feeling that picture will be going soon. But not before I got a copy :D

lol... :icon_ banana:
They were a great picture, errr it was a great picture, but didn't fit the Rated G rule.

good.gif

Barkleyfan

Reaction score

lol She musta been pissed. Dropped mine on frozen concrete and it came out better than that. Probably gonna ruin your day even more by the time you read this, but you can get a brand new Droid off Amazon for $30+ 2yr. Still no warranty, but hey...

mcapozzi

Reaction score

DROIDsballs

Reaction score
I have a related question. I cracked my screen today and before I take my Droid in to be replaced do I need to go back to stock since I rooted? I mean what's the policy on that? I figure since its open source it shouldn't matter plus it doesn't effect the screen cracking anyway. I just want to make sure I don't shoot myself in the foot before I go in there.

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
Have you personally purchased from wirefly? I looked for reviews on the site and theres a ton of negative reviews. $20 for a droid seems too good to be true.. I've been eligible for a verizon phone upgrade since 2008 and have been sticking with my piece of crap lame-o phone and I'm trying to figure the best way to get myself a droid as well.

I'm on a family plan with 4 phones, including mine. The best-buy deal is the best thing I can find atm.. Is there anyway I can get an even better deal since I haven't upgraded since 2008? Site says I've been eligible since august 12, 2008

droid on amazon for $20

Amazon.com: Motorola DROID A855 Android Phone (Verizon Wireless): Cell Phones &…

found that a while back on here but not sure if its too good to be true

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm looking online and Bestbuy has Droid for $99 with "new 2 year contract." I don't plan on going anywhere but verizon anytime soon...so that really does bother me. My question is...is this a true price? Or is new 2 year contract only for new verizon wireless customers?
I'm not sure how you perceive it as either true or for new customers -- it's both. They're not mutually exclusive options.

In any case, click on it and see for yourself. You'll be presented with several options and you'll see what the pricing is for the situation you choose. No need to ask anyone else. What's on the site is what you'll pay.

Note that you can't add a line via BestBuy.com. You'd need to call or drop by.

Is it is truly $99 for me, an existing verizon customer, how the heck are Best buy able to charge so much less?!?!
Again, no, click on the purchase button and you can answer the question yourself. Don't be afraid to poke around. You're not committed until you provide your payment info.

As for your second question, the resellers have the answer on their sites. I couldn't find it on BestBuy.com but resellers essentially receive payment from Verizon for signing up new customers. This is why resellers charge you a fee if you cancel between 30 and 180 days (typically).

Here's Wirefly's page:
http://www.wirefly.com/about/low-phone-prices/?referringdomain=wirefly

...and Amazon's:
http://wireless.amazon.com/help/200364580/

$20 for a droid seems too good to be true..
It's not at the moment. Available via Wirefly (probably any reseller that uses Wirefly for fulfillment as well) and Amazon. Resellers have had better pricing on the Droid for a loooong time now.

As always, make sure you read and fully understand their terms.

droid on amazon for $20

Amazon.com: Motorola DROID A855 Android Phone (Verizon Wireless): Cell Phones &…

found that a while back on here but not sure if its too good to be true
Same thing as above. It is what it is. Click the appropriate option for your situation and you'll get your price. As of right now:

$20 for new individual contracts
$129.99 for individual and family plan upgrades

Amazon currently doesn't support add a line.

Last edited:

bamfsig45

Reaction score
All I want to know is did you break something of hers? Its only fair.

oc192

Reaction score
Right after I upgraded to Froyo, my wife and I got into an argument and she smashed my phone.

Help a brother out... Was she getting a little bit jealous of all the time you spent hacking your phone versus paying attention to her?

Those rock bottom special deals on smart phones ($99 or under) are normally reserved for new customers only but they might let you switch to a family share plan. add a line and activate the new phone as your old phone number

Winteryfresh

Reaction score
When I read these stories, I know right from the title that the person didn't have insurance so it's easier to say VZW sucks than to say "I know I should have got insurance now I have to pay the price". The O.P. didn't really come out that way, but it would have been much easier to deal with.

But Verizon does suck. They just happen to have the most robust wireless voice and data network in the US. Besides that they clearly suck dog bollocks in terms of customer service and rapacious pricing models that clearly don't apply to employees. Like you.

So just what is the policy on replacing an uninsured phone, amigo?

--curmudgeon approved--

What company would just replace the phone with no insurance? i cant think of one, t-mobile wouldnt replace my brothers ****ty flip phone when the screen stopped working 3 months after he got it, and the the droid is a little more expensive than a cheapo phone.