Destroyed Droid

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by nygh, Jun 8, 2010.

1. thorn11166

thorn11166 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you should put that on the wall or something! its sad that happened to your Droid

2. floyd

floyd Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Looks like she tore the phone apart rather than cast it forcefully against the wall. Much more visceral and heartfelt jealousy. Dang.

Hacking this very hackable phone to get the most out of it can become an obsession.

Meanwhile, 40 thousand years ago...

"***** broke the new Clovis 2.2 spearpoint I was working on. Shattered it against the wall! Crazy ass woman! Dang. Now Og will mock me with his superior point. And my new smoked rock theme was sick!"

The innate intense desire of geeky humans to hack "cutting edge" tools --a primary driving force of human evolution, is often badly understood by a mate who inisists on first, basic household stuff, and second, just plain attention.

Ah well, same ****, different eon. Always more stuff to hack.

--curmudgeon approved--

3. Droids

Droids Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I take it she smashed the phone because you spent more time with it than her. Another Droid won't solve that issue. A friend is headed for divorce due to his phone and it isn't even a Droid.

I'd suggest a family plan with 2 Droids. Root and theme her Droid in pink and you may avoid marriage counseling.

4. floyd

floyd Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Droids sounds like he's doing marriage counseling himself. A pink droid? Hardly gonna help here, pal. Gotta love geeks.

5. Droids

Droids Member

Ratings:
    +0
    lol, I'm not married. Hell, theme her Droid in a Black Sabbath theme, whatever turns her on, just get her the same phone so she can get addicted too. It's either that or upgrade to Wife 2.0.

6. nagmier

nagmier Member

Ratings:
    +0
    man that does suck... Maybe its the uber geek (as my wife calls me) inside but have you tried putting it back together? I mean it looks like the screen isn't cracked... If your just gonna toss it post it to me and I'll see if I can get it working :D I am pretty handy with a soldering iron and I've been taking apart stuff since I was like 4... dad was pissed when the beta max player wouldn't work anymore or the home stereo it was "hi-fi" lol!

7. JoeJxn

JoeJxn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Unless your contract is up, or you're due for upgrade, you can't get that deal.

Look on craigslist, I bought a droid for $200. I wish I could've just upgraded to an Incredible but I'm still 6 months away from my upgrade date. But make sure you meet the seller at a Verizon store, so you don't get scammed by buying a stolen phone. That happened to me last week. Had to buy 2 Droids in 1 week. The 2nd one I met at a Verizon store and everything went flawlessly.

8. h8louzn

h8louzn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That is the upgrade price or new contract price for 2 year plan. If you are going to do that you can get it on wirefly.com for 19.99.. Might want to check that out also!

9. mrgoochio

mrgoochio Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you personally purchased from wirefly? I looked for reviews on the site and theres a ton of negative reviews. $20 for a droid seems too good to be true.. I've been eligible for a verizon phone upgrade since 2008 and have been sticking with my piece of crap lame-o phone and I'm trying to figure the best way to get myself a droid as well.

I'm on a family plan with 4 phones, including mine. The best-buy deal is the best thing I can find atm.. Is there anyway I can get an even better deal since I haven't upgraded since 2008? Site says I've been eligible since august 12, 2008

10. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It should be.

Best Buy can also make deals (prices aren't firm), my Droid was 99 (new line on an existing family plan).

I would worry more about the wife than the phone.

A phone can't kill you while you sleep.

Good luck dude,

-Mike

11. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +38
    [​IMG]

12. Barkleyfan

Barkleyfan Member

Ratings:
    +9
    lol She musta been pissed. Dropped mine on frozen concrete and it came out better than that. Probably gonna ruin your day even more by the time you read this, but you can get a brand new Droid off Amazon for $30+ 2yr. Still no warranty, but hey...

Search tags for this page

destroyed my uninsured samsung s3 with at&t

dummy line at&t wireless