Netting a cheap droid

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by droid does, Dec 30, 2009.

1. droid does

droid does New Member

Well, I have seen droids going for as low as 119.99 but they require a specific contract. on my verizon account I have one of those upgrades where they give you 2 year contract price. I want to know how I can get a droid with a discounted price without having to go through all of this hassle that you dont have to do with verizon themselves. would it be worth giving verizon a call telling them that I found lower prices and asking if they could match it?

thanks,

droid does.

for reference the lower pricing: Special Offer
  2. Low Saturn

Low Saturn New Member

They let me upgrade five months early and still get the discounted price plus another free phone. Wouldn't hurt to give them a call.

I originally called them last week because of some issues I was having with my Dare. They suggested the upgrade to me. I had been wanting to get a Droid, but thought I'd have to wait until May. After spending some time with the guy on the phone after discussing my Dare problems, I got the Droid and an Env3 for my mom for $99. I just had to agree to another 2 year contract, which is no big deal. I've been with Verizon for almost eight years and have been really happy with the service.
  3. droid does

droid does New Member

any one else?
  4. Benton

Benton New Member

I would certainly call them or visit a store to explain your consideration. Generally Verizon will want to get you into another 2 year contract (this is where their earnings are made) and will try to find a way to make this happen. I personally don't feel using a "match this" discussion will get you as far as openess and willingness to compromise to make this happen (your compromise is the 2 year re-up, theirs is getting you an early/affordable upgrade...win-win).
  5. Motorbooty

Motorbooty New Member

I tried the price matching thing with Verizon. Kmart had the Droid for 119.99(online). I am a Verizon customer and have been eligible for an upgrade for about a year and a half, and Verizon couldn't match the Kmart price! I didn't want to go thru all the hassel of shipping/activating with kmart, but i'm pleased to say it was very smooth. My bill still comes from Verizon. i've had no problems of any kind. Talk to Verizon maybe they've relaxed things a bit.