Destroyed Droid

nygh

Reaction score
Right after I upgraded to Froyo, my wife and I got into an argument and she smashed my phone.

Went to two VZW stores, plea bargaining, to no avail. Didnt expect much, and didnt get much. Dude told me some crazy stuff like "we can add a second line on your phone and get you a $200-some-odd price."

I'm looking online and Bestbuy has Droid for $99 with "new 2 year contract." I don't plan on going anywhere but verizon anytime soon...so that really does bother me. My question is...is this a true price? Or is new 2 year contract only for new verizon wireless customers?

Is it is truly $99 for me, an existing verizon customer, how the heck are Best buy able to charge so much less?!?!

Thanks!

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
You should probably contact Verizon. I dont mean to make an example of you, but I dont understand the propensity to verify things they read online with anyone but the retailer making the offer...

Also, you might want to consider some marriage counseling.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You should probably contact Verizon. I dont mean to make an example of you, but I dont understand the propensity to verify things they read online with anyone but the retailer making the offer...

Also, you might want to consider some marriage counseling.
Way to go out of line.

floyd

Reaction score
So FroYo was working pretty good for ya up to that point?

--curmudgeon approved--

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Either at a VZW corporate store or at Best Buy, you'll be buying a phone with a 2 year contract. The other thing would be get a new Droid at one year pricing...and GET INSURANCE on it. So, if Wife 1.0 throws the phone and smashes it again, you won't be extending a contract.

When I read these stories, I know right from the title that the person didn't have insurance so it's easier to say VZW sucks than to say "I know I should have got insurance now I have to pay the price". The O.P. didn't really come out that way, but it would have been much easier to deal with.

floyd

Reaction score
When I read these stories, I know right from the title that the person didn't have insurance so it's easier to say VZW sucks than to say "I know I should have got insurance now I have to pay the price". The O.P. didn't really come out that way, but it would have been much easier to deal with.

But Verizon does suck. They just happen to have the most robust wireless voice and data network in the US. Besides that they clearly suck dog bollocks in terms of customer service and rapacious pricing models that clearly don't apply to employees. Like you.

So just what is the policy on replacing an uninsured phone, amigo?

--curmudgeon approved--

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
But Verizon does suck. They just happen to have the most robust wireless voice and data network in the US. Besides that they clearly suck dog bollocks in terms of customer service and rapacious pricing models that clearly don't apply to employees. Like you.

So just what is the policy on replacing an uninsured phone, amigo?

--curmudgeon approved--
I don't work for VZW

Last edited:

mentaloaf

Reaction score
Dude, 5 bucks a month extra and you'd only be paying $80 for a brand new one...I NEVER buy new electronics without getting some kind of insurance or extended warranty, it is SO worth it...sorry to be all "I told you so," but..well...I told you so. What'd she smash it with just out of curiousity? What were you guys fighting about?

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dude, 5 bucks a month extra and you'd only be paying $80 for a brand new one...I NEVER buy new electronics without getting some kind of insurance or extended warranty, it is SO worth it...sorry to be all "I told you so," but..well...I told you so. What'd she smash it with just out of curiousity? What were you guys fighting about?

I thought it was refurbished whether you like it or not?

Darkseider

Reaction score
You should take the cost of the replacement out of her allowance. She does have an allowance, right?