Desktop mode - Dolphin and Miren

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
Ok, I'm very frustrated right now.

I have Dolphin HD and Miren both set to desktop. Both insist on going to the mobile version.

I don't remember having this much trouble with the D1.

Is there a phone setting I'm forgetting about that needs changed so the setting for the browsers won't be overridden?

Thanks.

OP
eebvending

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
Just tried Skyfire...no change. Set for desktop, switches to mobile site anyway. Is nobody else having this problem?

OP
eebvending

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
Bump.

Anyone else with a DX2 having this problem with browsers?

OP
eebvending

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
OK, update...maybe someone can chime in...Bueller? Bueller?

As it turns out most sites are fine, it's only 2 particular sites that I frequent that overrides desktop mode every time. On my D1 using Dolphin I had zero problems displaying the full site. The mobile versions of these 2 sites suck pretty bad.

What can I do to stop these sites from overriding the browser settings?

It's happening with: Dolphin, Dolphin HD, Miren & Skyfire

WildVke

Reaction score
I have that problem with facebook mobile always wanting to load. I just use about:debug in the browser. Just open Google, go to the search bar and type about:debug , then scroll down to settings, look for UAString, click it, then click on desktop. Is you close the browser you have to do it again. Sometimes I have to do it a couple of times for some reason. I have a reply on it in my threads if you need to come back and refresh.
I think that's it but, I did just get off a12 he shift. You might want to check my thread to make sure I haven't forgot something.... ;)
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

rushmore

Reaction score
This issue is exactly why I was searching the forums today. Though my Incredible has no issues like this, I can not go to desktop version of Flash sites and automatically relocated to mobile site versions.

1. I have tried Dolphin HD, Mini, Xscope, Skyfire and set them to desktop mode
2. Changed the UA string in the stock browser to desk top mode.

Nothing works. Oddly, it did briefly work the first day I had the issue. All I did then to get it to work was set Dolphin HD as default, but now is does not matter. The only thing that changed was updating to Flash 10.3, but my Incredible had Flash 10.3 and has no issues going to Flash sites and not getting relocated.

I love like the DX2 a LOT, but this is getting almost return-level worthy. It seems something in the DX2 firmware is causing this, since my Droid 1 also has no issues with being forced to mobile Flash sites.

Southpark Studios is one of the few sites that does not force a mobile version. Almost all other sites and even adult sites (the few I checked) force to mobile versions.

Last edited:

masters

Reaction score
I was asking the same thing about the Stock Browser.. I can't even find how to change the UAgent in the Stock browser..

In my D1 Cyanogen it was right in the settings.

. Almost all other sites and even adult sites (the few I checked) force to mobile versions.

Uh huh.. the "FEW" ... d=-)

Last edited:

rushmore

Reaction score
I was asking the same thing about the Stock Browser.. I can't even find how to change the UAgent in the Stock browser..

In my D1 Cyanogen it was right in the settings.

. Almost all other sites and even adult sites (the few I checked) force to mobile versions.

Uh huh.. the "FEW" ... d=-)

Type "about:debug" in the nav window and press enter.