Desktop view with stock browser?

boinkman

Reaction score
Can't seem to get around the redirects to mobile version sites. Tried the "about:debug" trick and after setting the User Agent to Desktop, restarting the browser, checking to see if the settings stuck, typing in espn.com, pulling out my hair.....I still ger redirected. Miren has even gone south on this issue.

myriad46

Reaction score
Can't seem to get around the redirects to mobile version sites. Tried the "about:debug" trick and after setting the User Agent to Desktop, restarting the browser, checking to see if the settings stuck, typing in espn.com, pulling out my hair.....I still ger redirected. Miren has even gone south on this issue.

I've never had any luck with stock Android Browser and desktop mode. I use Dolphin HD for those sites.

OP
boinkman

boinkman

Reaction score

I've never had any luck with stock Android Browser and desktop mode. I use Dolphin HD for those sites.

You're right...gotta suck up and give Dolphin another try. Just can't beat the features and speed of Miren and still it sucks that it's assumed we all want or need the mobile version of websites. Pass the Gerber please. lol

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
Even with Dolphin, Miren, etc. on the X2 there are some sites that are able to ignore Desktop mode and still redirect to the mobile site.

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
An update to Dolphin HD I got today fixed this issue. I'm able to see the full version of a couple sites that wouldn't before. Nice work Dolphin people! dancedroid