1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Desktop icon spacing (WHY SO FAR APART)

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Greenham, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Greenham

Greenham New Member

Anyone know of a way to close the gap between app icons on the desktop.... Good Lord you could double the number of apps on a panel if you could tighten up the spacing... ah la the iPhone.
  2. 640k

640k New Member

there are apps that will mess with what you can fit in the spaces. they're spaced out to accomodate for resolution, orientation and fat fingers.
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Oh, come on, if you want an iphone then buy an iphone. This is not a duplicate of the iPhone it's the Droid.

I fine nothing wrong with the icon spacing, but maybe I have fat fingers like the previous poster discussed.:)
  4. JessiesGirl

JessiesGirl New Member

I may be wrong, but I think the home screen on the iphone is always in portrait view, right? And the Droid home screen rotates between portrait and landscape. The Droid needs to have slightly different spacing because the screen orientation changes.
  5. Greenham

Greenham New Member

Are you F-ing kidding me..... Damn guys, it's a damn phone, hardly on the same plane as abortion rights, and prayer in the classroom.

All I asked for was a way to fit MORE ICONS on a screen. We have a bigger screen and better resolution than the iphone so why can't we?.

I am not buying the guess of orientation issues as I have to scroll now anyway. If your fingers are to big to touch the icons, you may have just proven Darwinism.
  6. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

@Greenham

Go ask for something that is like the Droid on an iPhone forum you will get flamed off the board. As for something that is iPhone like on a Droid, and you will get frustrated responses from some (including me at time to be honest) simply becuase not everything need to work "a la the iPhone"

As the old saying goes, just because you CAN do something that you should. The point of the app draw is so you don't need to have screens and screens of icons to page through to find the app you want. It is a design choice.

But also as 640k points out, there are things in the Market that will allow you to tweak that if you so desire. That is the great thing about open platform... choice. (unlike the iPhone :icon_ banana:)

And most of all, it is not personal. You like tight icons, somebody else doesn't. Ease up on the Darwinism.
  7. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

The Droid's spacing is predetermined because, unlike the iPhone (which CAN'T), the Droid app menu CAN rotate to landscape. It has to be set as is so that the phone displays properly in both portrait and landscape. That's all.
    There are apps for 'more' icons in the spacing.... More Icons Free Widget v2.0 Application for Android | Productivity
  8. 640k

640k New Member

i think you need to settle down before your thread gets closed. we're all here to help.
  9. heem

heem New Member

I put folders on the desktop to categorize my most used apps..
  10. Satman

Satman New Member

I agree.... icons are to spaced out.... and it's not for resolution it's for the bio touch screen spacing which should be tighter than the way they made it.... portrait or landscape both still should be closer.... and who mentioned anything about wanting a damn iphone anyway.... sounds like someones very sensitive about the iphone... someone got mollested with an iphone I guess... sick f..er
  11. 640k

640k New Member

seconded. since using folders, i only use one desktop now.
  12. StupidGenius

StupidGenius New Member

ANYHOW!!! :icon_ nono2: to close the case on this one and HOPEFULLY this thread. Use the More Icons app as was wisely suggested before.
  13. pilot25

pilot25 New Member

OpenHome closes the gaps in the tray. Maybe they can do the same with the icons in the Home Screens.
  14. frankieg22x

frankieg22x New Member

The more icons app isn't bad, but the free version wont let you delete the preferences icon. I guess the paid app allows you to customize all four instead of three.
  15. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

16. frankieg22x

frankieg22x New Member

nevermind. I was just reading through the comments for this app and you can get rid of the config icon by long pressing on it.

this app puts 4 icons in the space of one. I really like it
  17. Jer

Jer New Member

I think the thing that frustrates me more is that I can't long press between icons to access settings like widgets and what not. I use this a lot to access PandaHome settings to hide icons. To me you should be able to long press between icons to access this instead of having to leave a blank spot where you could put another icon.
  18. xliderider

xliderider New Member

Something that hasn't been brought up yet is that Android lets you put icons that are bigger than the standard 1x1 on your desktop like 2x1, 2x2, etc. Something that isn't possible with the "other" phone. ;)
Search tags for this page
android app icon 間距
android app icon spacing

android change icon spacing

android desktop icon space
android desktop icon spacing
android home screen icon soacing
android icon space

android icon spacing

android set icon spacing

change android icon spacing

change app icon spacing android