Desktop icon spacing (WHY SO FAR APART)

Greenham

Reaction score
Anyone know of a way to close the gap between app icons on the desktop.... Good Lord you could double the number of apps on a panel if you could tighten up the spacing... ah la the iPhone.

Silver Member
Reaction score
there are apps that will mess with what you can fit in the spaces. they're spaced out to accomodate for resolution, orientation and fat fingers.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a way to close the gap between app icons on the desktop.... Good Lord you could double the number of apps on a panel if you could tighten up the spacing... ah la the iPhone.

Oh, come on, if you want an iphone then buy an iphone. This is not a duplicate of the iPhone it's the Droid.

I fine nothing wrong with the icon spacing, but maybe I have fat fingers like the previous poster discussed.:)

JessiesGirl

Reaction score

I may be wrong, but I think the home screen on the iphone is always in portrait view, right? And the Droid home screen rotates between portrait and landscape. The Droid needs to have slightly different spacing because the screen orientation changes.

OP
G

Greenham

Reaction score

Oh, come on, if you want an iphone then buy an iphone. This is not a duplicate of the iPhone it's the Droid.

I fine nothing wrong with the icon spacing, but maybe I have fat fingers like the previous poster discussed.:)

Are you F-ing kidding me..... Damn guys, it's a damn phone, hardly on the same plane as abortion rights, and prayer in the classroom.

All I asked for was a way to fit MORE ICONS on a screen. We have a bigger screen and better resolution than the iphone so why can't we?.

I am not buying the guess of orientation issues as I have to scroll now anyway. If your fingers are to big to touch the icons, you may have just proven Darwinism.

JayMonster

Reaction score
@Greenham

Go ask for something that is like the Droid on an iPhone forum you will get flamed off the board. As for something that is iPhone like on a Droid, and you will get frustrated responses from some (including me at time to be honest) simply becuase not everything need to work "a la the iPhone"

As the old saying goes, just because you CAN do something that you should. The point of the app draw is so you don't need to have screens and screens of icons to page through to find the app you want. It is a design choice.

But also as 640k points out, there are things in the Market that will allow you to tweak that if you so desire. That is the great thing about open platform... choice. (unlike the iPhone :icon_ banana:)

And most of all, it is not personal. You like tight icons, somebody else doesn't. Ease up on the Darwinism.

Silver Member
Reaction score

Are you F-ing kidding me..... Damn guys, it's a damn phone, hardly on the same plane as abortion rights, and prayer in the classroom.

All I asked for was a way to fit MORE ICONS on a screen. We have a bigger screen and better resolution than the iphone so why can't we?.

I am not buying the guess of orientation issues as I have to scroll now anyway. If your fingers are to big to touch the icons, you may have just proven Darwinism.
i think you need to settle down before your thread gets closed. we're all here to help.

heem

Reaction score
I put folders on the desktop to categorize my most used apps..

Satman

Reaction score
I agree.... icons are to spaced out.... and it's not for resolution it's for the bio touch screen spacing which should be tighter than the way they made it.... portrait or landscape both still should be closer.... and who mentioned anything about wanting a damn iphone anyway.... sounds like someones very sensitive about the iphone... someone got mollested with an iphone I guess... sick f..er

pilot25

Reaction score
OpenHome closes the gaps in the tray. Maybe they can do the same with the icons in the Home Screens.

frankieg22x

Reaction score
The more icons app isn't bad, but the free version wont let you delete the preferences icon. I guess the paid app allows you to customize all four instead of three.