deleted emails keep comming back

lterry913

Reaction score
I searched and could not find in forum...when i delete my yahoo mail and i even go to folders and delete it from trash...i get the same emails plus duplicates of it when my yahoo mail syncs, the trash folder may only have a number1 next to it but I open and there will be 10 to 20 or more. I then delete and they show up in my new mail again. annoying...any help is appreciated.

mkraffert

Reaction score
I have the same problem with Comcast. I haven't found a solution.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

nipomo

Reaction score
Same o Same o

One could spend a lot of time deleting and redeleting messages on the Droid.

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Go into settings and make sure "delete from server" is checked. Otherwise they will just be replaced every time the phone syncs with the account. You can also log into a PC. Anything you delete from the PC will delete from the server.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Go into settings and make sure "delete from server" is checked. Otherwise they will just be replaced every time the phone syncs with the account. You can also log into a PC. Anything you delete from the PC will delete from the server.

Right...

I don't delete from server just in case my big fingers hit the wrong button so i just clean out my E-mail boxes when I get home.

nipomo

Reaction score
There should be a better way!

Thank you for the suggestion but....

I'm a new user for the droid, but I've used smart phones for years. The system should be able to know which emails have been down loaded once and not repeat the same down load. This is how the Backberry worked and this is how all of the outlook systems work.

I don't delete my emails on my server for thirty days to be sure I don't need the file anymore.

Since the droid stops down loading the emails within the thirty day period there must be some switch that it process so it does not continue the downloads for thirty days. If I can find the switch maybe I can set if for one day.

Nipomo