Delayed Best Buy launch?

CCMasta

Reaction score
I can say that the Best Buy I work at and all the other Best Buys in the district have all received there Droid X shipments today, my store was somewhere around 3:30pm. At Best Buy they call you and give you a time to come in, if you got a call your safe.

If they call you and say come in at 3pm or 4 or w/e time the only reason they do that, is that they space all the preorders out every half hour, so they have time to activate all of them, so they set up "appointments". So if you got a phone call don't think you have to camp outside, your safe just come in at the time they told you and enjoy your new Droid.

daxdm302

Reaction score
Hoping to God they call tommorrow cause ill be pissed if I don't get it Thursday..

By the way I was the first wave of preorders

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I can say that the Best Buy I work at and all the other Best Buys in the district have all received there Droid X shipments today, my store was somewhere around 3:30pm. At Best Buy they call you and give you a time to come in, if you got a call your safe.

If they call you and say come in at 3pm or 4 or w/e time the only reason they do that, is that they space all the preorders out every half hour, so they have time to activate all of them, so they set up "appointments". So if you got a phone call don't think you have to camp outside, your safe just come in at the time they told you and enjoy your new Droid.

NOT every best buy is making appointments

mapexvenus

Reaction score
Which is why I placed an order with VZW for Friday delivery. If best buy doesn't call me in thursday then i will at have a device on Friday. If BB does call me then i will return my verizon order.

Warner

Reaction score

When I called the BB that I pre-ordered yesterday, they told me that they are NOT making appointments. They said to just come in on the 15th. I AM going to call them today and talk to someone from the mobile group just to be certain though. When I called yesterday, everyone in that group was busy and whoever answered the phone gave me that response....not sure if I'm buying it, though.

Warner

magikmarkur

Reaction score

When I called the BB that I pre-ordered yesterday, they told me that they are NOT making appointments. They said to just come in on the 15th. I AM going to call them today and talk to someone from the mobile group just to be certain though. When I called yesterday, everyone in that group was busy and whoever answered the phone gave me that response....not sure if I'm buying it, though.

Warner

Yea. The people who answer the phones are the most reliable when it comes down to the operations of specialized departments in BB. I would speak to BB mobile before jumping to the conclusion that you aren't getting a call.

OP
J

JimmK

Reaction score
I went to Best Buy (Cleveland/Akron area) last night to look at the mock droid x (looks and feels great) and the mobile rep said that they may not even launch the phone on july 15th. It may get pushed back a few days because they will not receive shipment in. He also said that verizon stores will be the same way in the area. I didnt believe him on the verizon stores but i could believe that best buy may not be ready by the 15th. I noticed this morning that the Best Buy ad did NOT have the Droid X in there advertisement like they did last week. I would assume they would promote it the week they are selling it....

Anyone else hear anything about this?

I hope not... im 4th on the first wave of pre-orders...

They Just called me! appointment at 9am! So hopefully they start calling you guys soon.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Warner

Yea. The people who answer the phones are the most reliable when it comes down to the operations of specialized departments in BB. I would speak to BB mobile before jumping to the conclusion that you aren't getting a call.

yea i asked to talk to the mobile dept and thats what they told me

Warner

Reaction score
I JUST called my local Best Buy and here's what the guy told me. They generally only call to make appointments when they have more than 10 people on the pre-order list. He said they only have 4 people on the pre-order list for the Droid X so they won't be making appointments....just holding the phones for those 4 people the first day.

When I asked him if he knew anything about the delayed release, he told me that they have NOT received their shipment of Droid X's yet, but told me to call tonight about 5 or 6 to see if they came in with today's shipment, which he said usually arrives around 4pm. So the release for Best Buy MAY be delayed. He said he didn't receive any official e-mail stating that the release IS delayed, but if they don't get them in with the shipment tonight, they probably WILL be delayed.

Warner

CCMasta

Reaction score
Yea all I can go based off of, is our district I know they all made appointments but all stores got 10, i JUST MADE THE CUT! WOOT!

But yea, i got my appointment, buy also Best Buy Mobile, is TECHNICALLY there own store inside Best Buy, so the operators who answer the phones, I wouldn't go based off of what they say as I work in computers and they hold PC's we don't have or end up just transferring you to us anyways so at least in my store, there not the most knowledgeable people I know.

magikmarkur

Reaction score
Just spoke with the BB i pre-ordered at. As I said before they are opening at 8:00 AM for those who want to get their pre-order early. He also told me they have 25 in their possession and that they came in about 1:00PM EST.

This also confirms 100% there is no delayed release date. dancedroid

So those of you waiting to hear from them, be patient!

magikmarkur

Reaction score
Yea all I can go based off of, is our district I know they all made appointments but all stores got 10, i JUST MADE THE CUT! WOOT!

But yea, i got my appointment, buy also Best Buy Mobile, is TECHNICALLY there own store inside Best Buy, so the operators who answer the phones, I wouldn't go based off of what they say as I work in computers and they hold PC's we don't have or end up just transferring you to us anyways so at least in my store, there not the most knowledgeable people I know.

I hate the operator in East Brunswick, NJ. He swears he knows everything and acts like I'm trying to speak to the CEO when I ask for BB Mobile.

That guy is a tool shed!!!!!!!!!!!

markiepaul

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with the store in Evansville, IN. They said they haven't gotten anything and they should tomorrow but even that was uncertain. I am number 2 on the list, which I have no idea as I got there the last day of the first round, but I am. They said to call back tomorrow. I'm kind of bummed now but my fingers are crossed.

Elkay

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with the store in Evansville, IN. They said they haven't gotten anything and they should tomorrow but even that was uncertain. I am number 2 on the list, which I have no idea as I got there the last day of the first round, but I am. They said to call back tomorrow. I'm kind of bummed now but my fingers are crossed.

Hey I was born in Evansville! :icon_ banana: