Delayed Best Buy launch?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by JimmK, Jul 11, 2010.

1. CCMasta

CCMasta New Member

Ratings:
    +0

They do Pre-Orders for all phones, what happens is, all the phone providers dont let Best Buy direct order, so one store could have 60 preorders and another could have 2, but it has no effect on what the warehouse sends. Its a dumb system, but thats why they stop preorders sometimes if all the sudden Motorola calls and says were only sending that district 200.

Also they stopped pre-orders and then RE-allowed them, they only change was employees weren't allowed to place a pre-order. SO im assuming thats what the Verizon rep was talking about.

2. mapexvenus

mapexvenus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I called the BB where I pre-ordered and they said that there was no guarantee that I would be getting my X on the 15th. They also said that I would be getting a call the day before.

3. magikmarkur

magikmarkur Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well if you are in the top ten in my area it seems safe to say you are getting one. I called 6 different BB's in the NJ/NY area just to see where on the list are they confident that a patron will get one. No one said anything less than spot number ten.

IDK how reliable my small sample size is, just saying if you are 10 and above you are probably in good shape.

Like I said before I am number 1 at EB !!! Can't wait for this phone. dancedroid

4. rfranken

rfranken Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sioux Falls, SD

Pretty sure I'm #1 in line there as when I pre-ordered it took 3 people to figure out how to do it. I was told to come in anytime on the 15th and there WILL be one waiting for me with my name on it. Nothing was mentioned about them calling me.

5. Elkay

Elkay Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My VZ store in Torrington, CT said they ordered 22 but have no idea how many they're actually going to get in or if they'll even arrive on time for the 15th. They said they had over 20 pre-orders for the DI and only got 3 in. I'm #15 on the list. :-/

Looks like I may be getting up early Thursday morning, too. There's another large VZ store by my work that was refusing to do a waiting list.

6. computermystro

Ratings:
    +0
    I just called my store in Columbus Ohio, and they said they will have enough for the pre orders they took.:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:And if I don't get mine on the 15th well I guess you will have to wait and see what happens lols.

7. JimmK

JimmK New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    starting to worry....

8. CCMasta

CCMasta New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can say that the Best Buy I work at and all the other Best Buys in the district have all received there Droid X shipments today, my store was somewhere around 3:30pm. At Best Buy they call you and give you a time to come in, if you got a call your safe.

If they call you and say come in at 3pm or 4 or w/e time the only reason they do that, is that they space all the preorders out every half hour, so they have time to activate all of them, so they set up "appointments". So if you got a phone call don't think you have to camp outside, your safe just come in at the time they told you and enjoy your new Droid.

9. daxdm302

daxdm302 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hoping to God they call tommorrow cause ill be pissed if I don't get it Thursday..

By the way I was the first wave of preorders

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

10. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +31
    NOT every best buy is making appointments

11. mapexvenus

mapexvenus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Which is why I placed an order with VZW for Friday delivery. If best buy doesn't call me in thursday then i will at have a device on Friday. If BB does call me then i will return my verizon order.

12. Warner

Warner Member

Ratings:
    +0

When I called the BB that I pre-ordered yesterday, they told me that they are NOT making appointments. They said to just come in on the 15th. I AM going to call them today and talk to someone from the mobile group just to be certain though. When I called yesterday, everyone in that group was busy and whoever answered the phone gave me that response....not sure if I'm buying it, though.

Warner