December update.

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
The camera seems to focus faster and the shutter is faster but I did not notice any new features. There may be improvements in existing features but since I only had it for 3 days I really didn't check out the camera that much.

The LED on the front glows green while on charge and a battery animation popped up when I connected to the charger.

The animation pops up again when you tap the power button. My phone was off when I connected and appears to still be off but charging. I think that is something new.

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The camera seems to focus faster and the shutter is faster but I did not notice any new features. There may be improvements in existing features but since I only had it for 3 days I really didn't check out the camera that much.

The LED on the front glows green while on charge and a battery animation popped up when I connected to the charger.

The animation pops up again when you tap the power button. My phone was off when I connected and appears to still be off but charging. I think that is something new.

Battery animation had been there all along.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

feetball

Reaction score
anyway to sign up for this soak test now.thatthe motorola owners forum is down?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
anyway to sign up for this soak test now.thatthe motorola owners forum is down?
No, but when the Motorola Support Forum is back up (which should be in the next day or so) go to Motorola Feedback Network link on the main page, you can sign up there for the next Soak or ICS Soak which ever comes first.

feetball

Reaction score
No, but when the Motorola Support Forum is back up (which should be in the next day or so) go to Motorola Feedback Network link on the main page, you can sign up there for the next Soak or ICS Soak which ever comes first.

Cool ... thanks for the info!

ddfuji

Reaction score
Where the heck did you get your update? Is it OTA? I have a RAZR and just checked for an update and says I'm current? Is your phone rooted?...may explain for the impatient download of an update that's not been officially released.

Nevermind...after reading about soak test volunteers. Thanks for posting this and confusing people. Thanks for nothing.

Lol agreed. I already knew about the soak test. I thought that the release was public and my phone wasn't getting it for some reason :p about to unroot my phone in hope of getting it. Derp

Last edited:

TaubBaer

Reaction score
Guess it is time to unfreeze and unroot and await this thing. Not sure I am liking the reports of this update adding more issues, especially the more random reboots.
I didn't unroot but have to unfreeze bloatwares after it failed installing the OTA. After unfreezing bloatwares/OTA installation, my Razr became unrooted automatically but the OTA had been updated.

OP
A

ablank

Reaction score
You gotta use something like voodoo root keeper or along those lines to maintain root access throughout ota update.

OP
A

ablank

Reaction score
You gotta use something like voodoo root keeper or along those lines to maintain root access throughout ota update.

Kimo91

Reaction score
No I'm not rooted but I can assure you that this update breaks your data connection. I've had no data since I did the update.

Data just returned.

That's funny cause when I updated on Dec 22nd I didn't lose data at all....actually it looked as if 4G was a bit faster though and the handoff from 4G to 3G is smoother than before

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr