Debating on Rooting or Not

CC268

Reaction score
By the time my Fascinate got water damaged (today haha) I had become quite the expert at the rooting game and installing roms, kernels, themes, etc. It was like I had a whole new phone. I just picked up my thunderbolt today and was curious if I should root it already or keep it as is?

ziggy484

Reaction score
By the time my Fascinate got water damaged (today haha) I had become quite the expert at the rooting game and installing roms, kernels, themes, etc. It was like I had a whole new phone. I just picked up my thunderbolt today and was curious if I should root it already or keep it as is?

I came from the fascinate, same as you got real into flashing... But i did it so much that i ended up killing my 3g reception, just went dead and had to get a replacement after going back to stock with no luck. Flashing is definitely fun but i dont want to screw up another phone, and this one is pretty awesome just stock, and gingerbread is coming soon. I probably wont mess with this one.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Psykho

Reaction score
Most people on here will tell you to root but I havent and I don't have any of the issues I have a stock battery and last all day no problem with 4g on 8-10 hours a day and only a few reboots until I did a factory reset and then none

OP
CC268

CC268

Reaction score
hmm we will see, I loved my rooted fascinate, I will wait and see what everyone says

daggy1985

Reaction score
I came from the Droid 1 where I was rooted and flashing roms, but with my droid 1 I felt like I needed to because frankly it was a little slow and laggy on stock rom. But with my Thunderbolt, I'm sticking with stock cause it works well, sure I've had some random battery drains, a single random reboot, thankfully, but it's just so smooth and working great on stock, I don't feel the need to root it at this time.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
On actually surprised that there are that many people who don't root.

I'd root it if it were me...but I did mine day 2

ridin the lightning

Black07roadking

Reaction score
I've had my TB since the third day it was released. It does everything I need smoothly, quickly, with little to no hick ups. I am a hard core user and pretty much a geek, however until it starts giving me grief I won't be rooting anytime soon. This thing is sweet and fast just the way it is. Other than Netflix not running on froyo I'm happy. Gingerbread will be coming out in a few weeks or so and hopefully our TB's will be even better!

wesdo2gg

Reaction score
I just can't have a Droid without rooting it. I use too many root apps in my daily phone use. I waited about 2 or 3 weeks after getting my phone to do the root just to get a feel for the stock. Then I rooted and got a lot of the bloatware frozen. I had no problems so I went ahead and flashed a rom a couple days ago. WOW, this phone continues to impress me. I've had zero issues since flashing to ThunderRom and it's incredibly smooth and snappy.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I rooted my Fascinate every way you can imagine--because it needed it.

With my TB, I don't feel the need. It is fine as is. I do believe the Extended Battery is mandatory (You get used to the size).

I will not root until after Gingerbread and then see where things are at. If CM7 is ever stable, I'm in! I'd like to go back to stock Android, that is the ONLY reason why I want to root. Debloating is nice as well.

OP
CC268

CC268

Reaction score
thinking about rooting, stock battery life is pretty bad, can barely get a full day with 20% brightness, etc...I did wonders on my Fascinate battery and could get 2 days easy...I am very good with battery life and I feel rooting might be my answer as it will get rid of all the bloatware

bernardino5

Reaction score
Just do it you'll fall in love again I did and don't regret it running bamfs 1.7 overclocked and underbolted quadrant scores 2418 not bad huh.

OP
CC268

CC268

Reaction score
Just do it you'll fall in love again I did and don't regret it running bamfs 1.7 overclocked and underbolted quadrant scores 2418 not bad huh.

Yea I might just do it tonight, I heard its better to do it manually through adb, what is the best way to root?