daughter FATALLY INJURED my Droid....... :-(

sessionthree

Reaction score
Tried to make it right with my 7yr old this morning tried to let her know why I got upset and that I still loved her very much... asked her if she loved me she, said nodded yes.... and in classic lil girl fashion, as she is #3 of 4 girls, as I turned to walk out the room... she rolled her eyes at me...... wow.
I may just pay for this with all that damn Christmas money she has... lmao.

Haha, my oldest boy (he turns 6 this sat.) is starting to get this attitude sometimes. It makes me realize what a smart alec I was to my parents growing up. Although, it seems he's catching on a little too early. I thought that wasn't supposed to happen until they were teenagers.

hacku

Reaction score
And this is the very reason why my 14 yr old daughter has an iPhone and my 13 yr old son has a Storm.

They don't need to ask to play with MY phone... :)

texasPI

Reaction score
Tried to make it right with my 7yr old this morning tried to let her know why I got upset and that I still loved her very much... asked her if she loved me she, said nodded yes.... and in classic lil girl fashion, as she is #3 of 4 girls, as I turned to walk out the room... she rolled her eyes at me...... wow.
I may just pay for this with all that damn Christmas money she has... lmao.

Haha, my oldest boy (he turns 6 this sat.) is starting to get this attitude sometimes. It makes me realize what a smart alec I was to my parents growing up. Although, it seems he's catching on a little too early. I thought that wasn't supposed to happen until they were teenagers.

Yeah, my son will be six soon too and sometimes I'll look over at my wife and ask her, "where does he come up with this stuff?". He's left me shaking my head more than a few times....lol

bdbraaten

Reaction score
Doesn't have to be a kid, I narrowly avoided a similar problem when my wife tried to plug the car cord into my droid upside down.

Got a 5 year old at home, got him trained right now where he knows he's not allowed to plug ANYTHING in regardless of what it is. That has saved me a lot of headaches.

myriad46

Reaction score
Oh please...suck it up! Tears? Sulking? Are you going to have a wake for your "birthday" Droid?

It's good that your daughter sees what's important in your life, now, so she won't be suprised later when you tell her that you can't buy her a car, because you had to get your new netbook. You're just lucky she didn't get hurt running away from you. How bad would you have felt, then?

Big Cam

Reaction score
While watching a college basketball game I let my 7yr old listen to music on Droid she's a great kid so it was hard to say no... I had it charging and the headphones have about a 5ft cord...
next thing I know she's up dancing around and she had Droid, I told her to put Droid down and turned around to watch more of the game... ai bout a min passed and then it hit me my heart sank..... was she going to try to put the charger back in? As I spun around there she was my worst nightmare.... she was trying her best to get that Jack in..
I snapped I yelled for her to hurry up and get out... she took off running and crying... I had the phone in my hand and a tear that never ran but made my sight a lil blurry... those end pins looked like an acordian... I almost vomited, I had it charging cause I was down to 20% power... I asked myself "is this how it ends?"
I sulked for a good hour then I called VZW hoping that all I had to do was get it repaired... this phone is sentimental to me, it arrived on my bday ( a day I took off of work only to spend the entire day tracking down the fedex dude) anyway they're pretty much just gonna replace it... I can't keep this one...
before giving up completely I sucked it up and grabbed a paperclip untwist it and went to work... after a bit I had the pins straightened out enuff to take a charge.. if you pull the charger to the left a lil bit.... it charged!!!!! I know my time with this phone is short but I'm gonna keep it as long as I can... may get a week at best before the pins snap.... one thing tho, if I put the charge in to the right a bit it makes Droid reboot...

I know ill like the new one but, that's not the point

Btw go easy on my lil girl... don't do her like we did dude's stupid cat...lol. she'll never touch the new one... maybe once since I damn near traumatized her.
Unfortunetaly you did not learn a lesson from this.

The lesson is your children are more important that a freakin phone.

khaf

Reaction score
its no big deal thats what you have phone insurance for i have 3 children and all of the have broken at lest one phone not to mention other things "sigh" but thats what kids do they make mistakes now on a random note whos ready to see the vikings whoop the jets in the super bowl?

Wendy

Reaction score
I've got 4 kids and they know not to touch mommy's gadgets. I don't share. :lol:

Don't feel bad...kids do that kind of thing. Just yesterday my DD broke my tailbone. Seriously.

On the upside, pain meds are goooooooddddd :icon_ banana: