daughter FATALLY INJURED my Droid....... :-(

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
While watching a college basketball game I let my 7yr old listen to music on Droid she's a great kid so it was hard to say no... I had it charging and the headphones have about a 5ft cord...
next thing I know she's up dancing around and she had Droid, I told her to put Droid down and turned around to watch more of the game... ai bout a min passed and then it hit me my heart sank..... was she going to try to put the charger back in? As I spun around there she was my worst nightmare.... she was trying her best to get that Jack in..
I snapped I yelled for her to hurry up and get out... she took off running and crying... I had the phone in my hand and a tear that never ran but made my sight a lil blurry... those end pins looked like an acordian... I almost vomited, I had it charging cause I was down to 20% power... I asked myself "is this how it ends?"
I sulked for a good hour then I called VZW hoping that all I had to do was get it repaired... this phone is sentimental to me, it arrived on my bday ( a day I took off of work only to spend the entire day tracking down the fedex dude) anyway they're pretty much just gonna replace it... I can't keep this one...
before giving up completely I sucked it up and grabbed a paperclip untwist it and went to work... after a bit I had the pins straightened out enuff to take a charge.. if you pull the charger to the left a lil bit.... it charged!!!!! I know my time with this phone is short but I'm gonna keep it as long as I can... may get a week at best before the pins snap.... one thing tho, if I put the charge in to the right a bit it makes Droid reboot...

I know ill like the new one but, that's not the point

Btw go easy on my lil girl... don't do her like we did dude's stupid cat...lol. she'll never touch the new one... maybe once since I damn near traumatized her.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Sorry to hear that. I don't have kids but if I did I seriously would not allow them to play with my phone.

I think maybe you learned your lesson? : )

thelion

Reaction score
Awww. that is tragic. There she was trying to be helpful and she nearly murdered the poor Droid! Poor you.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i wont even share my fruitloops with a kid ... let alone let them touch my droid lol

thank God i don't have any :D

JoeeDB

Reaction score
Well hey look at the bright side: unless you've done stuff with root or a few other things, most of your info will be saved to gmail so you can get most of your information/apps automatically on your next droid.

cuskit

Reaction score
Daughters are little angels from Heaven. You've been given a message. That Droid had it's destiny planned before your little girl ever touched it. So, when you get your replacement, hold it just as tightly as the embrace you give that little girl of yours while explaining to her she did no wrong and you love her more than life. Because there just ain't no insurance in the world that can ever replace her... :) cuskit

kaboyd

Reaction score
I have a 7 year old girl myself and have come to realize one of her most important job is to break my stuff and cost me as much money as possible. It's well worth the cost for priceless memories like that. I hope you both enjoy your next Droid.

BiGJaYDROID

Reaction score
Eeeeeeepppppiiiccccc. Ffaaaaaiiiiiilll..... sorry dude new one will be just as good as the old one just have to reload ur music and movies. From he old SD to the new and please make it all good with ur daughter she mentioned no harm....

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
Daughters are little angels from Heaven. You've been given a message. That Droid had it's destiny planned before your little girl ever touched it. So, when you get your replacement, hold it just as tightly as the embrace you give that little girl of yours while explaining to her she did no wrong and you love her more than life. Because there just ain't no insurance in the world that can ever replace her... :) cuskit
he basically said it, but dont forget about little boys... thats why i got the waterproof phone, cus h can use it to teethe lol

NickWgnr

Reaction score
This is why some species eat there young... Haha... Atleast your getting a replacement!

Wagner :motdroidvert:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Sorry for your loss.....

sessionthree

Reaction score
I snapped I yelled for her to hurry up and get out... she took off running and crying...

I hope you apologized to your little girl. In her mind, she was trying to help by plugging the charger back in. Any silly phone can be replaced.

EDIT: by the way, I clicked on this thread with horror thinking that the title was "daughter FATALLY INJURED by Droid" lol

OP
S

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tried to make it right with my 7yr old this morning tried to let her know why I got upset and that I still loved her very much... asked her if she loved me she, said nodded yes.... and in classic lil girl fashion, as she is #3 of 4 girls, as I turned to walk out the room... she rolled her eyes at me...... wow.
I may just pay for this with all that damn Christmas money she has... lmao.