Data

rpittillo

Reaction score
Just wondering, is it ok to turn data on/off as needed?
I use the shortcut to battery usage and have been turning my
data off and on. Does that mess with my phone?

Beckeramos

Reaction score
rpittillo said:
Just wondering, is it ok to turn data on/off as needed?
I use the shortcut to battery usage and have been turning my
data off and on. Does that mess with my phone?

Why don't you just use the pre installed smart actions app? One of the purposes of that app is to turn off data when screen is off.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You can also turn off data sync using the power management bar.. look for it in the widgets...

And its perfectly acceptable.. will not harm your device.

OP
rpittillo

rpittillo

Reaction score
I haven't tried smart actions to do this yet, but, I will give it a try. I just thought that that action would be harder on the data switching on and off so frequently.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I haven't tried smart actions to do this yet, but, I will give it a try. I just thought that that action would be harder on the data switching on and off so frequently.

You can go into smart actions and use battery saver, and have your background data sync and mobile data turn off when your screen is turned off...

Or you can just have your data sync turn off, this would stop emails and pic messages from being pushed to you when the screen is off... it also saves battery. :)

Beckeramos

Reaction score
rpittillo said:

It really isn't. It definitely saves battery. And you don't have the problem with losing data after the screen comes back on like other apps. At least I haven't. And there so many more useful things you can do with the app. You can have your phone immediately connect to the wifi in your house or your business and turn off data.

OP
rpittillo

rpittillo

Reaction score
Thanks y'all! Been great help, and very informative. I went to smart actions like y'all said. Works! Thanks again!! <3

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums