data question...

cleave

Reaction score
Is the data usage on my phone the same as the phone companies? In other words, does the data usage on my phone include data used with wifi as well as data used on Verizon's network?

rherron

Reaction score
Wifi doesn't count against your monthly limit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

OP
cleave

cleave

Reaction score
Well that concerns me because i have been home all day today and my data usage screen says I've used 210 kb of data so far. However, I've been connected to my wifi the entire time and have had no phone calls or text messages. I know that 210 kb isn't much, but according to my calculations it should be zero. Am i missing something?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The amount your device shows and the amount vzw shows will be different. Log into my verizon to see what they show.
EDIT: there's a widget that shows the approximate amount of usage too.

Reaction score
Is the data usage on my phone the same as the phone companies? In other words, does the data usage on my phone include data used with wifi as well as data used on Verizon's network?

Yeah it will be different that your phone. Go into your widgets and get the My Verizon Data widget. You will have to manually refresh it but it will tell you what verizon says you have used. If I didn't have unlimited data though I would go into the data usage settings on my phone and set limits for that. I think that is cool that they added that in the OS.