Data Usage Warning and Red X in notification?

Sandlotje

Reaction score
So I know I've used a lot of data, but I have unlimited in my plan -- I've only used up 1.47Gb so far and I have this red "x" in my notification bar and I can't seem to figure out how to make it go away. Has anyone else had this? I'm running ICS -- I don't know if that makes a difference...

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Is there a data limit enabled in the settings? I'm not running the ICS leak on my MAXX, but I know on the Galaxy Nexus I had, you could set a data limit that would give warnings and such. Even though I have an unlimited plan as well, the Nexus defaulted to having a 2GB limit set I believe. It might be similar on the leak, but I can't say for sure.

OP
S

Sandlotje

Reaction score
No, I see a box to enable a limit but it is not checked. However I did just find that I can change the dates for the mothly cycle, so I just set it to 4/20 and it got rid of the notification. I guess that'll have to work for now.

240swapped

Reaction score
Click the red X notification and it'll take you to your data usage setting. Move the orange bar (warning level) skyward and it'll quit bothering you. I set mine to 20gb and it just chirped at me... Lots of aTorrent downloading this month...

wdw4mealso

Reaction score
Since my Razr updated I have seen a problem everyday. Once I hit 4gb, a message came on that I had used too much. I have called in 6 times. We have done a soft reset, pulled the sim card, put a check in the data usage and put it over 20gb, and everything works for a few hours. But nothing works for more than 12 hours. So today they said the last thing we can try is the factory reset. Then if it still does it, they will contact Motorola. They understand it is something with the ICS, but what they say should work, doesn't. I really don't want to do the reset, but if there are no other ideas, it sounds like that it what is next to do.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Since my Razr updated I have seen a problem everyday. Once I hit 4gb, a message came on that I had used too much. I have called in 6 times. We have done a soft reset, pulled the sim card, put a check in the data usage and put it over 20gb, and everything works for a few hours. But nothing works for more than 12 hours. So today they said the last thing we can try is the factory reset. Then if it still does it, they will contact Motorola. They understand it is something with the ICS, but what they say should work, doesn't. I really don't want to do the reset, but if there are no other ideas, it sounds like that it what is next to do.

The good news with ICS after I did a factory reset all my apps came back and all my contacts. Auto-magiclly, the only thing I had to do was add passwords and user names to my favorite Web sites.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

Do you by chance have a data limit set on your device?? In system settings, data usage, make sure the "set data limit " box is unchecked.. :)

Hope this helps

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

wdw4mealso

Reaction score
The set data limit box is unchecked. Verizon had me check it and put the limit really high,and that didn't work. So it has been unchecked. That is what is frustrating, no limits are set,we have an unlimited plan, yet it stops my data usage.

It is working now,but if it does it later, it is good to know the fdr is easier now.