Darn Swype.

maverick31210

Reaction score
I'm pretty sick and tired of looking up threads on getting Swype to work on Droid 1. Has anyone found a full proof method? If not, I'll send a bitter, hateful e-mail to Swype about how much better SlideIT is :p.

droidman101

Reaction score
I'm pretty sick and tired of looking up threads on getting Swype to work on Droid 1. Has anyone found a full proof method? If not, I'll send a bitter, hateful e-mail to Swype about how much better SlideIT is :p.

they have betas for it...i have no clue why it hasnt been released for real yet

OP
M

maverick31210

Reaction score
The betas always throw some kind of error, screen size, trial expired or text won't actually be input.

barcodelinux

Reaction score
Update!

I don't know if you guys/gals are using the leaks or the official betas but you have to update the betas.

When you fire up swype, it calls back to the mother ship and asks if there is an update available. If there is, swype should (has done it to me) pop a message up on the screen saying that there is a new version available and to update it. After I update, it works just fine.

When it stops inputting text, that's when I always know it time to update swype.

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
I can understand your frustration, but this is only your individual experience, not a problem with the company. I've been using the Swype betas for severals months without an issue.

When it comes to features, SlideIT is most certainly not better than Swype.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well the O/P never specified if they were an Official Beta Tester or not and if the answer is "not" then that is why these problems are occuring - Bootleg Copies yeild Bootleg Results

If you are a Beta Tester then there is probably something in the install/sync process that you are missing

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

barcodelinux

Reaction score
Well the O/P never specified if they were an Official Beta Tester or not and if the answer is "not" then that is why these problems are occuring

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

True.

10chars

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found a full proof method?
Check the forums on the Swype site. The beta manager has his recommended steps for installs and upgrades.

I can understand your frustration, but this is only your individual experience, not a problem with the company. I've been using the Swype betas for severals months without an issue.
+1. I suspect the OP is using a leak since those symptoms are typical of the leaks.

barcodelinux

Reaction score
Even if you sign up for the beta, download, and install it, that particular version will NOT work forever. The beta MUST BE UPDATED to stay functional.

The beta is free so I don't see the big deal here. Sign up, install, and keep it updated.

Problem solved.

chadwick108

Reaction score
Or you could just install a rom such as ultimate droid that has swype built in and then would not have any issues. I also used the betas since they first dropped for the droid 1 and had a few issues but not anything that we keep me away from swype. ;)

KellyTheChef

Reaction score
How do I get swype for my Droid? If I go to their website, it looks like the beta is closed.

KellyTheChef

Reaction score
nm
Just found the post saying where to go in order to get on their beta testing waiting list...

Sorry! New to this forum!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is closed
Right now I'm toying with a keypad called 8pen.free on the market
I've used swype,shapewriter,slideit and the stock. I didn't see the big must have with swype.I'm fastest on slideit,not far behind on shapewriter but swype was clunky on numbers and symbols. I had stopped using swype when it quit working anyway

wified from a monolith using a slider