swype issues

divalibra

Reaction score
I was using swype for about a couple of weeks and found a post about slideit and decided to give it a try. So I uninstalled swype and used slideit until the demo ran out. Reinstalled swype and now getting force close messages whenever I press and hold the delete button to erase a word. Any ideas on what the issue may be, how to solve it or can anyone who is using swype try pressing and holding the delete button to see if you get a force close message as well. Any constructive feedback is greatly appreciated

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
pressing and holding the delete button on swype will delete the previous word.

try deleting both swype and slideit and then reinstalling swype. never had a FC with swype yet

fbm111

Reaction score
I was using swype for about a couple of weeks and found a post about slideit and decided to give it a try. So I uninstalled swype and used slideit until the demo ran out. Reinstalled swype and now getting force close messages whenever I press and hold the delete button to erase a word. Any ideas on what the issue may be, how to solve it or can anyone who is using swype try pressing and holding the delete button to see if you get a force close message as well. Any constructive feedback is greatly appreciated

disable sound in swype should take care of this problem.

OP
D

divalibra

Reaction score
thanks for the help..disabling audio fixed the problem....

Last edited:

karib

Reaction score
So I see that somebody already told you to disable audio. Glad you got it working again because its such a great keyboard. I did want to ask you what you thought of SlideIt though... Is it better or as good as swype? Which version of swype are you using? There are two out now, one is around 2mb and the newer one is about 7mb and much more is included in the larger version. In case you didn't know :)

OP
D

divalibra

Reaction score
@ Karib..I was using a demo version of slideit and it ran out before I could gauge my likes and dislikes. One thing that I noticed right away is that it was a little more cumbersome to get double letters using slideit as opposed to swype. I currently have swype version 0.35.3959 that is about 2 MB in size. Where can I get the bigger file and is it usable on the Eris?

karib

Reaction score
@ Karib..I was using a demo version of slideit and it ran out before I could gauge my likes and dislikes. One thing that I noticed right away is that it was a little more cumbersome to get double letters using slideit as opposed to swype. I currently have swype version 0.35.3959 that is about 2 MB in size. Where can I get the bigger file and is it usable on the Eris?

Search xda swype eris and go to about page 12 of the thread to find a link to a rapidshare download. Or, do a google search for "Swype HVGA.apk"(File size for new one is about 7MB. Old one was 2MB. It is for the eris. Its more like the version that is out for the Moto droid, a more complete version. Hope you can find it!

OP
D

divalibra

Reaction score
@ karib..FOUND IT! Liking this version much better..the keys seem bigger and more responsive. Thanks a bunch!

OP
D

divalibra

Reaction score
Thanks Karib! Actually that is the one that I found the other day. :icon_ banana: I guess I should have checked my version against yours. :)

alm0614

Reaction score
where can we keep up on the newest releases of swype, i love it and would like to stay on top of their updates.

karib

Reaction score
where can we keep up on the newest releases of swype, i love it and would like to stay on top of their updates.

I just find the updates posted in the forums. Checking occassionaly on a thread titiles "swype" is the best way to be in the know! It is not officially released, so checking on an official site will get you nowhere...

The last version I just posted here is by far the best. It is the 3rd version I've tried (well not including the moto droid one) and it is the best so far.

alm0614

Reaction score
divalibra... I found an even better version of Swype. It auto capitalizes after a period of you double space first. Also, when adding unknow words into a sentence the annoying box doesn't pop up. Much easier to do "normal" typing imo. Here is the link if you want to try it out.

Swype-SwypeReference-HVGA-trial-release.1.16.12.5228.219.apk

this does not work on the droid.. says the screen resolution is incompatible..

anyone have the newest compatible one?