Damaged Phone (no display) Replacement Question(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Have a RazrMaxx HD since it first came out. Have Asurion phone insurance.

I fell today with the phone in my pocket and when I checked it, there are little fractures apparent, but mainly no display--blank--black. I can hear alerts and see the led flash, but no screen activity. I took it by the local Verizon store and they looked and said, no can fix.

I have no idea what new phones are available. I really like this one. I really like the battery life.

Instead of paying $99 for insurance for a "refurbished" phone....what would I be better off getting? Is there a new Razr with as good a battery life and memory and processor?

Thanks for any advice or suggestions or help.

ALSO--how can I delete my documents and banking info and passwords? If I send it in, even though Verizon has been honest, as far as I know, it still worries me that an individual can access and use it.

swharshbar

Reaction score
I'd look at the Motorola maxx. It similar to the maxx HD and comes with an even bigger battery.

Sorry about your phone.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I second the suggestion of the Droid MAXX... I have it and love the battery life. Right note I'm at 93% after over 4.5 hours on battery.

7azy9y4y.jpg

As for wiping the phone, that's going to be difficult without a display. It can be done through recovery by counting button presses but someone would have to figure it out for you.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Edit: Thread closed as it has lived its useful life.

Status
Not open for further replies.