D3 turns off by itself...

Fabric8r

Reaction score
About twice per week I grab my phone out of my holster and it is off (no wonder it has been so quiet!) & wont turn on. I have to pull the battery, & then it turns on and I am fine - until it does it again a few days later.

Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

JessIsSemperFi

Reaction score
Maybe you're hitting the "Sleep Mode" under the power button options on accident? I have had that happen to me a few times.

OP
F

Fabric8r

Reaction score
Mine is just in the holster. I doubt it is from pushing any button b/c I have to pull the battery to get D3 to turn back on...
Anyone have any other ideas?

jimikeys

Reaction score
I had same issues, I almost went and got another phone... I did a hard reset and my cycle issues seem gone... now my phone stays on... it used to cycle when calls came or when apps updated and get really warm.
Now it seems all good. try resetting the device.

OP
F

Fabric8r

Reaction score
Happening more often now, about once a day (reboots itself). 3 or so times a week, I have to pull the battery to get it back on. Any advice?

Covert

Reaction score
I've been having this issue as well. It actually happened a couple of times today - screen just stays blank, with the phone unresponsive to pressing the power button. A battery pull will get the phone back on, and the battery's not dead. Anyone have any ideas?