Biggest disappointments with the D3

Reaction score
Then why buy the phone if hour not happy with the screen. I did my homework before I bought the phone. I knew exactly what the screen looked like before I bought. I will not buy a phone unless I've played with it for several minutes. I knew what I was getting. So its your own falt. When I said go get an iphone I was referring to the retina screen.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Bobbar

Reaction score
Then why buy the phone if hour not happy with the screen. I did my homework before I bought the phone. I knew exactly what the screen looked like before I bought. I will not buy a phone unless I've played with it for several minutes. I knew what I was getting. So its your own falt. When I said go get an iphone I was referring to the retina screen.

If you thought the screens image was the only weak link on the phone and everything else was perfect, would you still have bought it? That's where I'm coming from.

Of course other quirks -- that would not have likely come to bear after only several minutes of fiddling -- have reared their heads. But they can all be fixed via software.

I had had enough of the OG Droid and it's aging hardware. The D3 had it all, except for the screen. And I played with one on and off for days until I finally conceded to the D3s screen, in lieu of something that doesn't have the potential future-o-modding that the D3 has.

I'm just gonna have to learn to like it. That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to complain along the way.

Reaction score
You definitely should complain a little bit and I got a little crazy with the issue and im sorry about that. I could never keep a phone that I did not like something such as the screen witch is the one of the main part of the phone. I want to look at it every day a smile not go oh well. Small thing like the blue pics is ok because I know it can be fix. This is a great phone and I want everone to think so too. But I do hope it grows on you.

spillner

Reaction score
I think the gallery app is crap and went back to the old 3d one on my OG droid. I also miss the picture frame widget. My phone also used to reboot all the time but with a factory reset and manual install of my apps and wifi settings seems to have fixed it for now.

As far as the screen goes, I think it looks sharp as hell. I only see pixelation if the phone is right in my face. I really think people who have a problem with the screen are nit picking a bit, not to mention the screen is the first thing you notice when you play with it in the store so if you didn't like it why did you buy it?

OP
darkmatter

darkmatter

Reaction score
Look where you are. "Biggest disappointments with the D3", There's not bound to be much cheer here.

actually, the intent of the thread was a bit tongue in cheek. Saying, hey look, these biggest disappointments are such small, nitpicky things.

I just watched Sucker Punch in HD on the droid3, amazing picture. Sure, I can see pixelization in things such as the battery icon, or the notification bar pull down gradient, but those are such small things to be concerned about. Watching and HD movie or video there is no pixelization to be seen.

spillner

Reaction score
Look where you are. "Biggest disappointments with the D3", There's not bound to be much cheer here.

actually, the intent of the thread was a bit tongue in cheek. Saying, hey look, these biggest disappointments are such small, nitpicky things.

I just watched Sucker Punch in HD on the droid3, amazing picture. Sure, I can see pixelization in things such as the battery icon, or the notification bar pull down gradient, but those are such small things to be concerned about. Watching and HD movie or video there is no pixelization to be seen.

May I ask where you get your HD videos?

OP
darkmatter

darkmatter

Reaction score
Can download hd from youtube with youtube downloader, also by ripping dvd and blu ray with dvd catalyst. Or record hd with, say, the droid3's camcorder.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Jeeper_Slick

Reaction score
Im very happy so far. A few random reboots, and I think it should have had 1gb of RAM like the Bionic though.

My Santa wish is a Jrummy overclock for this thing !

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
1gb of RAM like the Bionic though.

Some of that 1 GB is for webtop. Are you sure that you even need that much RAM to run those little Java apps?

If it's like the Atrix, there have been a bunch of posts over on the Bionic forum confirming that RAM is not reserved for the webdock and when not docked you are able to use all of it.

However, I do agree with your second point. For what many people use their phone for 512MB should be sufficient. The power users who represent the group that may be able to push the limits of the RAM probably don't want a 3G phone anyway.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
If it's like the Atrix, there have been a bunch of posts over on the Bionic forum confirming that RAM is not reserved for the webdock and when not docked you are able to use all of it.

Oh OK, last I read some portion of the RAM was unusable, but that was probably just some speculation a while back.

The_Rick_14

Reaction score

Oh OK, last I read some portion of the RAM was unusable, but that was probably just some speculation a while back.

Maybe I read it wrong, but it sounded like the RAM that was unusable was the portion set aside for the phone, so that RAM is still taken, but not just sitting there waiting for a webdock.

aramos87

Reaction score
I just posted this on another thread, but I think its so cool im going to post it here also. There arent very many differences between Droid 3 and Droid Bionic, the biggest things is 4G vs 3G and the 1GB of ram (which I also read is not ALL usable). I am personally a keyboard user so the Bionic wasnt top of my list, but to some the screen increase is what matters over a keyboard, all preference really. But check it out...

MOTODEV > Products > Compare Motorola Products

Stevelord

Reaction score
Syncing with Exchange/Outlook seems to be poor. Email signatures turn into hyperlinks, Droid pulls from Suggested Contacts (making your phone contacts list 10x in size.) If you empty that out, it kills your Outlook cache...removing a lot of recent contacts there.