D3 or Dinc2

HTCuser

Reaction score
I have an upgrade waiting for a new phone. Ive seen the reviews for the Dinc2 and its a very nice phone and I really want to get it. But ive been seeing these rumors about the D3 floating around. I dont know which I should get anybody with some help?

nikecar

Reaction score
I have an upgrade waiting for a new phone. Ive seen the reviews for the Dinc2 and its a very nice phone and I really want to get it. But ive been seeing these rumors about the D3 floating around. I dont know which I should get anybody with some help?
What phone do you have now? If you already have a data plan, go ahead and wait. If not, then get the data now before VZW's tiered rates go into effect.

I have the DInc2 and I love it. I was going to get the Revolution, but liked the size and price of the DI2 better. I also compared the display pages with a Fascinate of a cowroker and I prefer the DI2.

No 4G true, but I don't mind. No guarantee the D3 will come out soon.

OP
HTCuser

HTCuser

Reaction score
Right now I have the Droid pro and I've read the reviews on the Dinc2 and they say it has great battery life. I really like the way HTC designed it.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

kingsway8605

Reaction score
If the Droid x2 is any indication as to how the d3 is going to run, I would say inc2. I owned the x2 for 2 days before I returned that slow piece of junk. The ram on that thing is the bottleneck from hell.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

OP
HTCuser

HTCuser

Reaction score
Thanks guys im getting the Dinc2 today im so excited

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

Droidrage729

Reaction score
Well now that you've had the inch for a while how do you like it? I have a d3 and am considering swapping it out for a d3.

OP
HTCuser

HTCuser

Reaction score
Well now that you've had the inch for a while how do you like it? I have a d3 and am considering swapping it out for a d3.

I love it its way better than a Droid3. If u don't really care about physical keyboard then get the dinc. This phone doesn't need dual core bcuz HTC sense makes it so stable. I recommend that u trade it in for this. One downfall about this is it won't get ICS official but if u get s off as soon as u get and download a rooted version of gb then u will get ICS bcuz developers will make it for rooted only. But I really think u should get it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Droidrage729

Reaction score
I love it its way better than a Droid3. If u don't really care about physical keyboard then get the dinc. This phone doesn't need dual core bcuz HTC sense makes it so stable. I recommend that u trade it in for this. One downfall about this is it won't get ICS official but if u get s off as soon as u get and download a rooted version of gb then u will get ICS bcuz developers will make it for rooted only. But I really think u should get it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

What do you mean ics official? I I'm out of the htc loop dude I got an eris when they first came out and obviously they got better since then but i've had a dx I haven't owned an htc device in like 2 years. I know moto inside and out rooting sbf only this is htc has different terms for that stuff and ways to do it. I I hate re learning everything but the phone looks really good. I I just wanted to make sure I would like it before I had my wife over my nice new d3 and take the i2 she won't stand for an Indian giver. I also saw the incredible won't get sense 3.0 without root which is a drag. Does it random reboot on you at all any lag and how's the batter. Fyi my wife's d2global gave us so many problems vz finally offered a different replacement so that's why the incredible 2 is on the way.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
Battery is pretty good if you're a moderate user and have the correct settings. No random reboots from my phone at all. Lag no. And since the phone has root now, you can get sense 3.0 without bloatware! The only problem i have with it is that it's not 4g lte which i really wanted but oh well still an awesome phone.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
What do you mean ics official? I I'm out of the htc loop dude I got an eris when they first came out and obviously they got better since then but i've had a dx I haven't owned an htc device in like 2 years. I know moto inside and out rooting sbf only this is htc has different terms for that stuff and ways to do it. I I hate re learning everything but the phone looks really good. I I just wanted to make sure I would like it before I had my wife over my nice new d3 and take the i2 she won't stand for an Indian giver. I also saw the incredible won't get sense 3.0 without root which is a drag. Does it random reboot on you at all any lag and how's the batter. Fyi my wife's d2global gave us so many problems vz finally offered a different replacement so that's why the incredible 2 is on the way.

My experience: I am stock unrooted 2.3.3. No lag, no choppiness, can have a million apps open at once with no slow down. I get between 17-26hrs battery, dependent on usage and settings. No random reboots or force closes for me, it's very stable. A factory reset is usually needed though to eliminate issues, if it was not done after the OTA update from Verizon. Also it seems like some third party non market apps are causing some issues, mainly skins for other devices. Known issues: 1) There are some small bugs in the manage apps section where you have to back out and then select the app again 2)The Alarm Clock disappears for some (I did a second factory reset to fix it and have had no problems since) 3) HTC mail is super buggy for me, I use k9 mail instead.

Rooting is available for 2.3.3 now, and their is a Sense 3.0 rom, but I am not sure if their is un-root yet. You could prolly use a RUU but will still be on S-Off.

ICS is Ice Cream Sandwich, Androids next OS. I am not sure if the Inc2 will receive it since it is not dual core, but I am not sure if the D3 will receive it either since the Ram is so low in it. But who knows with Google taking over Moto.

Side note. A few people have been experiencing additional issues and anomalies with their Inc2. If you have any of these issues please get a replacement Inc2 as a lot of them are isolated and not on HTC's bug fix list.

Droidrage729

Reaction score
My experience: I am stock unrooted 2.3.3. No lag, no choppiness, can have a million apps open at once with no slow down. I get between 17-26hrs battery, dependent on usage and settings. No random reboots or force closes for me, it's very stable. A factory reset is usually needed though to eliminate issues, if it was not done after the OTA update from Verizon. Also it seems like some third party non market apps are causing some issues, mainly skins for other devices. Known issues: 1) There are some small bugs in the manage apps section where you have to back out and then select the app again 2)The Alarm Clock disappears for some (I did a second factory reset to fix it and have had no problems since) 3) HTC mail is super buggy for me, I use k9 mail instead.

Rooting is available for 2.3.3 now, and their is a Sense 3.0 rom, but I am not sure if their is un-root yet. You could prolly use a RUU but will still be on S-Off.

ICS is Ice Cream Sandwich, Androids next OS. I am not sure if the Inc2 will receive it since it is not dual core, but I am not sure if the D3 will receive it either since the Ram is so low in it. But who knows with Google taking over Moto.

Side note. A few people have been experiencing additional issues and anomalies with their Inc2. If you have any of these issues please get a replacement Inc2 as a lot of them are isolated and not on HTC's bug fix list.

Thanks alot for this awesome breakdown gave me alot I wasn't aware of. The I think I'll not be selfish and give the wife my d3 since I honestly don't need a physical keyboard coming from a dx. She does however. The do wqw cap I expect some problems no phone is perfect but that thing and its replacements were bad. I'm just hoping I don't have the traders remorse cause if I don't like the dinc2 2 ill have to pay my d3 out of my wife's dead lifeless hands. Ok so ruu is like an sbf for a mofo device and that won't unroot the phone? No way to get it back to stock? What if a replacement is needed?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks alot for this awesome breakdown gave me alot I wasn't aware of. The I think I'll not be selfish and give the wife my d3 since I honestly don't need a physical keyboard coming from a dx. She does however. The do wqw cap I expect some problems no phone is perfect but that thing and its replacements were bad. I'm just hoping I don't have the traders remorse cause if I don't like the dinc2 2 ill have to pay my d3 out of my wife's dead lifeless hands. Ok so ruu is like an sbf for a mofo device and that won't unroot the phone? No way to get it back to stock? What if a replacement is needed?

Glad to help. I am not sure if back to stock has been figured out yet. A Ruu may take you back to stock but yes it will still be s-off so not fully unrooted. I am not sure how to actually flash a Ruu either since this is my first HTC device and haven't done any modding with it yet. Also some Ruu's will not let one get future OTA updates I believe. I dont think Verizon cares if you returned it with s-off or root. But just be aware that if you root there may not be a way to get back to stock. I think you will enjoy it, it has been a pretty dependable unrooted phone for me so far.

Droidrage729

Reaction score

Glad to help. I am not sure if back to stock has been figured out yet. A Ruu may take you back to stock but yes it will still be s-off so not fully unrooted. I am not sure how to actually flash a Ruu either since this is my first HTC device and haven't done any modding with it yet. Also some Ruu's will not let one get future OTA updates I believe. I dont think Verizon cares if you returned it with s-off or root. But just be aware that if you root there may not be a way to get back to stock. I think you will enjoy it, it has been a pretty dependable unrooted phone for me so far.

Sweet I'm worrying way less about giving up my d3 I think I'll really like the dinc2. The my otterbox case got in today before the phone. I had to meet vz halfway they agreed to replace my d2 if I pay for the battery and battery door. They were cheap on amazon so money well spent to rid my life of that crappy d2.