D2G with extended battery, meter won't update on reboot

thelemur

Reaction score
I've been reading about how others, like myself, have a battery meter problem with an extended battery. The meters read low (5%) for more than a day before dying, and I don't really ever know how at risk I am of it dying in the middle of a business call.

From the posts I've read everyone says that you can turn it off/on and the meter will read accurately, but that is not my experience - my meter still shows the same inaccurate reading.

I've tried putting other batteries in (that are fully charged) and it still shows the same reading! Very frustrating..

Any ideas?

chrisl20

Reaction score
Got bootstrap(clockwork)? ...try to wipe the battery stats via clockwork, I've read that worked for some people....but, I am assuming ur rooted...if not...root, download bootstrap, and titanium backup, clear the batt stats, and freeze ur bloat...w the extended battery, u will never haveto worry about losing a call so long as u charge it every night

OP
T

thelemur

Reaction score
Got bootstrap(clockwork)? ...try to wipe the battery stats via clockwork, I've read that worked for some people....but, I am assuming ur rooted...if not...root, download bootstrap, and titanium backup, clear the batt stats, and freeze ur bloat...w the extended battery, u will never haveto worry about losing a call so long as u charge it every night

I used z4root to root the phone. I assume I can just download clockwork (will look for it now) I thought about doing something about the bloatware but I didn't know what method was considered the easiest.

Edit: I'm confused. Are bootstrap and clockwork the same thing? Bootstrap appears to be a backup program, so why the need for titanium backup?

Last edited:

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You just need root then go to android market & search a app called Battery Calliberator works like a champion

chrisl20

Reaction score
Bootstrap is named d2/dx bootstrapper made by koush, available for 2$ n the marketplace....and after u download that, immediately make a backup of your current setup...then get titanium backup, and freeze all the bloatware you want/don't use...if you want a list of what you can slim down, they have them sprinkled everywhere in the forum here...or you can use bootstrap to flash a diet rom produced by getrdone, already has bloat gone, so id say that's easy...but. make a backup.... ...and I always suggest to have rsdlite4.9 and d2g sbf file w the correct motorola drivers...that way if something goes wrong(it most likely wont), you are already prepared to get ur phone back to working order, sbf will make it out of the box fresh...a nandroid backup made by clockwork(bootstrap) will take ur phone to exactly how it was when you saved it...(there is a discrepancy with going back to out-of-box-stock using clockwork though...for some reason it wont flash the stock boot logo or animation, everything else flashes fine...but, vise versa, flashing from an sbf/bone stock/ to a heavy modified fission or grd rom, WILL flash everything to how it was when modded...why it wont revert the logo and animation back to stock from modded though..is beyond me...) ...sorry for the long rant...pm me if u have more ?s

OP
T

thelemur

Reaction score
I'm computer savvy, but android stupid...

What's the safest and easiest way to freeze the bloatware?

biknut1

Reaction score
De-Bloating

I'm computer savvy, but android stupid...

What's the safest and easiest way to freeze the bloatware?

Most folks swear by Titanium Backup. I have it, but haven't learned how to use it yet. It is around $5 in the market. Before that, I used the free app AntTek App Mgr. Free, simple, somewhat limited (but still free!)

And don't worry- we were all like that at one time- I still am! (Android stupid!)

chrisl20

Reaction score
titanium backup has a free version...and, its pretty simple...cant get too much easier than clicking on the app and clicking freeze...