D2G Speaker sucks

Birdra

Reaction score
Switched to the D2G from D1 and have noticed that the speaker sound quality is horrible in comparison to the original. I' tried installing DSPmanager to see if that would improve the sound quality, but it hasn't.

Does anyone know how to make this thing sound better? I'm testing it for work and am having a hard time recommending it with the speaker and activesync issues.

speltrong

Reaction score
Switched to the D2G from D1 and have noticed that the speaker sound quality is horrible in comparison to the original. I' tried installing DSPmanager to see if that would improve the sound quality, but it hasn't.

Does anyone know how to make this thing sound better? I'm testing it for work and am having a hard time recommending it with the speaker and activesync issues.

I went to put a call on speakerphone yesterday and noticed the volume was really low. Oddly enough, the navigation voice is a lot clearer and louder. Hopefully it's just a firmware fix that will happen at some point.

eNomineZerum

Reaction score
Have you ran the two side by side? I will when I go home because now you have me wondering. I never noticed the difference between the two. I tend to have my music encoded at MP3 128-196kbs.

By the name of Zero

elydoug

Reaction score
Same here!

I have to hold the phone right next to my ear when driving (thus defeating the "hands free" requirement)to hear . I mean literally right next to my ear! Volume maxed out. I have tried switching off the voice security option as was suggested in another thread with no success. I had a Blackberry Storm that the speaker volume would go up and down with each new OS load. I hope the next OS (ROM?) solves this problem.

anguish

Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed a voicecall versus navigation volume difference when both are maxed out. I've been looking at Bluetooth speaker and headset options because of the handsfree laws around here. I hate headsets, but I'm nearly half deaf, and I like speakers, but I know there will be times when I don't need everyone else hearing my conversations.

If they fix the speaker volume issues for voice calls, that would be awesome.

mguel

Reaction score
This is one of the bad things I've noticed also comparing it with my previous milestone… its strange since on other things (not phone calls) the speaker sounds as loud as the milestone, so I also hope it can be fixed in the future.

sandcrawler

Reaction score
I still have both and I've also noticed the the speakerphone on my D2G is much lower in volume than the original D1. I'm sure it's not the speaker itself as my wife also has a D2G and I can hear her playing angry birds 4 rooms away with a door closed between us. :D

eNomineZerum

Reaction score
I just tested it this out and the Global is about 60-75% the volume of the Droid 1. Only is voice calls though, which I guess is the matter at hand. Truth be told an in car bluetooth speaker will be much louder than the speaker ever can be.

By the name of Zero

frac

Reaction score
i've been irritated about the speaker volume all day long... tried a hard reset and now it's working fine? hopefully this helps someone out there

wirecutter

Reaction score
I started another thread about this when I first got my phone. Yes call volume is low relative to media and nav. I really hope they fix it too.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App