Sound quality when audio cable plugged in is poor

Dracmus

Reaction score
Is anyone else noticing sub par sound quality when plugged into either a pair of headphones or the audio in in your car? The normal speaker seems to be ok but that's kind of expected to not be the greatest. However I feel like the onboard speaker actually sounds better then when I have it plugged into my car or headhpones and I know that's not right. I upgraded from the bionic to the D4 and did not have these quality issues with the bionic. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!!!

mccompunerd

Reaction score
Odd, don't have that issue with mine. I plug it up to speakers for music when I'm getting ready in the morning, and use my wired headset for audio when I'm at work and haven't noticed any quality problems.

RoninX

Reaction score
You probably have a defective phone. I've plugged high-end headphones into my D4, and haven't noticed any problems.

RideZeLitenin

Reaction score
That is strange. I wouldn't say it's the DAC, otherwise you'd be getting poor quality all around. Probably something wrong with the jack.
Definitely send that sucker in and get a replacement

BTW, what in particular sounds bad? Lots of distortion, etc?

OP
D

Dracmus

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your responses, I going to the store today and hopefully get a replacement. The audio sounds kind of muffled, like it's hard to differentiate between the music and the vocals.

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your responses, I going to the store today and hopefully get a replacement. The audio sounds kind of muffled, like it's hard to differentiate between the music and the vocals.

Over thing that I think makes the sound much better is to go to settings, sound, media audio, wired devices, and uncheck the enable audio effects option.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

OP
D

Dracmus

Reaction score
Over thing that I think makes the sound much better is to go to settings, sound, media audio, wired devices, and uncheck the enable audio effects option.

That was It!!!!! I feel like such an idiot but the equalizer was built into the media player settings in my bionic so when there was no options on this phone I thought it just didn't have it. It ended up being set on some stupid 3d surround setting that sounded horrible. I played with the settings and now have everything sounding good. You saved me a 45 min drive to the Verizon store and possibly having to rebuild my phone if they didn't figure it out either and gave me a new one. Thank you so much for posting this you really saved Me!

Reaction score
That was It!!!!! I feel like such an idiot but the equalizer was built into the media player settings in my bionic so when there was no options on this phone I thought it just didn't have it. It ended up being set on some stupid 3d surround setting that sounded horrible. I played with the settings and now have everything sounding good. You saved me a 45 min drive to the Verizon store and possibly having to rebuild my phone if they didn't figure it out either and gave me a new one. Thank you so much for posting this you really saved Me!

Glad you got it going. That is what we are here for. I forget where I read that but it made a huge difference for me so just passing it along.

Cegal

Reaction score
I just started having this problem a few moments ago. The only time I plug something into my headphone jack is in the car, I don't have a cd player so I have a tape deck adapter that I use for pandora. I'm going to try switching the settings and hopefully that will fix things...problem being is that I've had this phone for about a week now and not sort of problem like this has popped up.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

Cegal

Reaction score
I just started having this problem a few moments ago. The only time I plug something into my headphone jack is in the car, I don't have a cd player so I have a tape deck adapter that I use for pandora. I'm going to try switching the settings and hopefully that will fix things...problem being is that I've had this phone for about a week now and not sort of problem like this has popped up.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

This fixed things...I'm at a loss why it took almost a week to mess up?

Sent from my XT894 using DroidForums

djfriimixx

Reaction score
cant find this setting

I'm having the same problem but I can't find this setting its not in my sound settings