Poor Audio Quality (Music)

JMcMusicman

Reaction score
Greetings:

Anyone else getting poor audio quality when listening to music on Droid Razr? Sounds like somebody screwed with the equalizer... tried mp3's, pandora, stock music app, winamp, multiple headsets and car stereo aux... all with the same results.

Last edited:

mthorn79

Reaction score
Ive noticed a kindof buzz sound, thought it was the headphones bit didnt do that on my last 2 phones.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jtpowell

Reaction score
Greetings:

Anyone else getting poor audio quality when listening to music on Droid Razr? Sounds like somebody screwed with the equalizer... tried mp3's, pandora, stock music app, winamp, multiple headsets and car stereo aux... all with the same results.

Try going into Sound/Media Audio Effects

3D is enabled for headphones and Bass Punch for speaker. I figure Bass Punch is what is giving folks the Buzz.

OP
J

JMcMusicman

Reaction score
Try going into Sound/Media Audio Effects

3D is enabled for headphones and Bass Punch for speaker. I figure Bass Punch is what is giving folks the Buzz.

Thanks... that was it! Why would Moto make their 3D audio setup the default, it sounds horrible! And why can't I access that music setting from any of the music players!

mikera67

Reaction score
Yea that messed me up Friday when I first tried it hooked up to my truck. After fixing that, I must say the quality of the dac in this phone is fantastic. All other phones I'd get noise from the charger coming from the alternator, the razr gets the same noise until you start the music or slacker, then is filtered out, and the quality is above and beyond and source I've ever heard, playing hd YouTube videos over hdmi is just as good, very pleased.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk