D2G - Need to reset or SBF?

Elbuort

Reaction score
I have somebody willing to trade their Droid X for my D2G. They need the phone because they will be travelling abroad. I like the X for the larger screen, etc so its a good deal for us both. I am an honest person and do not want to screw anyone even unintentionally so I have a couple of questions...

I have rooted the D2G and run Fission ROM. There are no issues with it that I am aware of, but then again I have never needed the international functions. Will this guy have a problem going overseas with the phone ROM'd? I am fairly proficient with root and ROM and such so do I need to do more than a factory reset for him? I have the necessary SBF file/RSD ready on my PC...I just want to avoid that if at all possible since once in awhile I see folks running into problems getting through that process and posting HELP!!! topics here.

Finally, more for my information, if I do a factory reset that brings the "touch the Android to begin..." screen up on the next boot, right? Then he can input his google account and go on from there right? Or is there more I should do? I'm keeping my SD Card and he is keeping his, so that's not an issue...

Thanks in advance

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
a factory reset will NOT remove the rom or root. u need to sbf.