D2 more fragile than D1?

SKuff

Reaction score
I read here and there about the Droid 2 screen cracking, breaking or what not. The original droid was a sturdy phone even after numerous drops on concrete and hard floor. Should I be worried and encase my d2? I dont really care much for cosmetic damage/scratches, just dont want a crack screen. Or should i ask if anyone else have dropped it and it seems just as sturdy as the original..?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I read here and there about the Droid 2 screen cracking, breaking or what not. The original droid was a sturdy phone even after numerous drops on concrete and hard floor. Should I be worried and encase my d2? I dont really care much for cosmetic damage/scratches, just dont want a crack screen. Or should i ask if anyone else have dropped it and it seems just as sturdy as the original..?

Not from anything I've seen on mine...seems just as sturdy as my D1 was, and the D2 is prettier to boot. ;)

Dragoro

Reaction score
Mine feels and looks just as well belt as the droid 1 in my opinion.

Silver Member
Reaction score
it's basically the same construction. there were reports of the D1 screen cracking too. it's still the same gorilla glass and most of hte underlying technology is the same. i don't think the D2 is any less "fragile" than the D1 and neither of those phones are any less fragile than any other smartphone with a capactive (glass) display.

i've dropped my D1 on concrete a few times, but only after attempting to cushion the fall with a foot or something, so it's not a 4' drop. if you intentionally dropped any phone with a glass display, onto a hard surface like concrete, it's gonna break.

just be glad the whole phone isn't glass, like some products.