D2 more fragile than D1?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by SKuff, Sep 9, 2010.

1. SKuff

SKuff New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I read here and there about the Droid 2 screen cracking, breaking or what not. The original droid was a sturdy phone even after numerous drops on concrete and hard floor. Should I be worried and encase my d2? I dont really care much for cosmetic damage/scratches, just dont want a crack screen. Or should i ask if anyone else have dropped it and it seems just as sturdy as the original..?

2. Redflea

Redflea Silver Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Not from anything I've seen on mine...seems just as sturdy as my D1 was, and the D2 is prettier to boot. ;)

3. Dragoro

Dragoro Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine feels and looks just as well belt as the droid 1 in my opinion.

4. 640k

640k Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    it's basically the same construction. there were reports of the D1 screen cracking too. it's still the same gorilla glass and most of hte underlying technology is the same. i don't think the D2 is any less "fragile" than the D1 and neither of those phones are any less fragile than any other smartphone with a capactive (glass) display.

i've dropped my D1 on concrete a few times, but only after attempting to cushion the fall with a foot or something, so it's not a 4' drop. if you intentionally dropped any phone with a glass display, onto a hard surface like concrete, it's gonna break.

just be glad the whole phone isn't glass, like some products.