Cyber Monday RAZR - $0.01 Why Only New??

Caligula2008

Reaction score
Amazon Wireless CyberMonday deal has the RAZR for free to new Verizon customers. I have a full upgrade on my account, I've been droiding since the D1 and its time for me to get a new phone. I can cancel my account and become a 'new' Verizon wireless customer and then get my phone for free. I would have to get a new number, though I'm guessing.

Why is Verizon wireless making it only new customers? Just makes me sad and confused...

The only thing I can figure is they really want to get rid of people with unlimited data plans, since 'new' customers can't be grandfathered in. Why the big issues with tiered data plans on the 4g network? Isn't the LTE set up so completely different that they're not going to have the issues they had with 3G concerning bandwith? Do they throttle on the 4G network, because I believe I heard somewhere in this forums there's no need.

Thoughts?

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with getting rid of unlimited plans. It's just trying to get more customers. Never, I repeat, never got rid of your unlimited plan, no matter how cheap the device is. With LTE speeds, and more HQ streaming apps available, it would be a mistake to cancel and renew a contract with a new number. IMO.

TauntingBull

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with getting rid of unlimited plans. It's just trying to get more customers. Never, I repeat, never got rid of your unlimited plan, no matter how cheap the device is. With LTE speeds, and more HQ streaming apps available, it would be a mistake to cancel and renew a contract with a new number. IMO.

+1

I just wanna make sure you get this point... DONT drop your unlimited data plan.... In the coming years your 4G phone will gobble up even more data and you will pay thru the roof on these tiered plans....

Pony up 299 upfront and be happy that you are not loosing sleep over, what if the phone downloads and extra KB that throws you over 2 GB for the month....

Axium

Reaction score
If your contract is up in 2 months does your plan stay unlimited or does it get converted to the 2gb/mo automatically?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Axium

Reaction score
No way..thanks :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums