CyanogenMod 7 for Droid 2 Global [Beta]

mjk0617

Reaction score
just flashed, working well so far. camera seems to work fine for me.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
I wonder if it's possible to hammer in an option to switch cameras to correct the mirroring ...

Sent from a cyanoblurred Droid 2 Global

jgregoryj1

Reaction score
Ever since I flashed the nightly for 7/18 and I try to go cutsom recovery I just get the "M" logo, and it sits there. I have never been able to get Clockwork recovery installed from ROM manager and have it work. So I uninstalled the app and installed droid 2 boostrapper even though it says not to use it with CM7. However its worked fine. When I tried to flash clockwork from ROM manager it just gave me the M logo. Now even after using rsdlite to reflash to stock, then reflash to CM7, and then I try to use bootstrappers custom recovery it again will back to the M logo again. No amount of wiping and formatting all the , boot, system, data, cache from boostrapper fixes the phone seizing on M when I attempt to reboot into recovery. Any one else have a issue like this? It all worked fine before flashing nightly's for 7/18. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you in advance

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Don't use rommanager to flash a recovery as it's unnecessary. Boot into recovery by holding pwr, hit reboot, and select recovery.

Sent from a cyanoblurred Droid 2 Global

jgregoryj1

Reaction score
ok, so typically I just go into droid 2 boostrapper and select the recovery boot option. Basically all I needed to do was press power and select recovery and im golden? But that still doesnt explain how my phone just shows the "M" logo and does not go beyond that. No amount of pressing buttons does anything. Also pluggin in the charger just shows the M logo again and nothing beyond that. I guess I will have to SBF and start over again. Thank you Byakushiki for the reply on using the power, recovery screen rather then d2 bootstrapper, I do appreciate it. Also a BIG THANK YOU to all the devs for their work on CM7 for the D2G. Absolutely loved it on my droid 1 and love it now on my d2g. So again thank you.... it does not go unappreciated.

jgregoryj1

Reaction score
Think I resolved the issue. After sbfing I had to go into droid 2 bootstrap and under advanced I had to format boot. Then I restored my backup of cm7 and all is good. And now I am only using the power button reboot to recovery option instead of bootstrap.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Asphyx

Reaction score
Ever since I flashed the nightly for 7/18 and I try to go cutsom recovery I just get the "M" logo, and it sits there. I have never been able to get Clockwork recovery installed from ROM manager and have it work. So I uninstalled the app and installed droid 2 boostrapper even though it says not to use it with CM7. However its worked fine. When I tried to flash clockwork from ROM manager it just gave me the M logo. Now even after using rsdlite to reflash to stock, then reflash to CM7, and then I try to use bootstrappers custom recovery it again will back to the M logo again. No amount of wiping and formatting all the , boot, system, data, cache from boostrapper fixes the phone seizing on M when I attempt to reboot into recovery. Any one else have a issue like this? It all worked fine before flashing nightly's for 7/18. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you in advance

Do not install a bootstrapper after flashing CM7 it will break the 2ndInit needed to run.

Like Byak said, just hit the power button, select reboot, select recovery and the bootstrapper will appear.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
CM7 has its own clockwork built in...I dont know how that works while installing CWR itself breaks the software but I always get to clockwork by pressing power > selecting reboot > selecting recovery and hitting ok. never causes a problem.

rusty815

Reaction score
yeah you shouldnt flash any form of clockwork once in cm7, it usually breaks it from my experience, clockwork is installed once you install cm7.

Asphyx

Reaction score
I dont know how that works while installing CWR itself breaks the software but I always get to clockwork by pressing power > selecting reboot > selecting recovery and hitting ok. never causes a problem.

CWR does really break CM...What it does is overwrite the 2nd Init CM installs and needs to boot up.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
That sounds more like a hardware issue than software...Nand restore back to something else and see if the problem persists.

hellajdm

Reaction score
Nevermind, I just reflashed the rom without wiping anything and its fixed. Loving it so far.

Jay_od_ua

Reaction score
Just Flashed mine. What a great thing! Had a little fear that it would be complicated but the whole process is much easier than on Symbian that I'm used to. Even tried to do 'backup data' with hope to get back apps but it catched reboot loop. Wiped through Motorola recovery menu and reflashed CM7 again. Everything works fine. Had issue with Bluetooth before flashing (didn't go on after 5 sec of trying), now it's gone, it turnes on quickly.

What I've found are that checking GMT in the 'Date & Time settings' doesn't work,
CM settings > Perfomance > CPU settings - doesn't save frequencies in governors,
flipped camera like everyone has and I guess this is it. Works great, very fast and no self-reboot yet. Battery life (BP6X) seems about the same with all animations, effects, etc. turned on.

hughesjr

Reaction score
Just Flashed mine. What a great thing! Had a little fear that it would be complicated but the whole process is much easier than on Symbian that I'm used to. Even tried to do 'backup data' with hope to get back apps but it catched reboot loop. Wiped through Motorola recovery menu and reflashed CM7 again. Everything works fine. Had issue with Bluetooth before flashing (didn't go on after 5 sec of trying), now it's gone, it turnes on quickly.

What I've found are that checking GMT in the 'Date & Time settings' doesn't work,
CM settings > Perfomance > CPU settings - doesn't save frequencies in governors,
flipped camera like everyone has and I guess this is it. Works great, very fast and no self-reboot yet. Battery life (BP6X) seems about the same with all animations, effects, etc. turned on.

My understanding is that Bluetooth does not work with this ROM. Are you saying that Bluetooth devices are working for you?