CyanogenMod 7 for Droid 2 Global [Beta]

Asphyx

Reaction score
My understanding is that Bluetooth does not work with this ROM. Are you saying that Bluetooth devices are working for you?

Bluetooth works for things like voice commands in both directions.

But when used in a phone call the mic is not being passed to the phone.APK.

We suspect it may be related to whatever is stopping the GSM switch to work without FC and reboot.

Maybe something to do with the radio MUX.

But bluetooth by itself is working with the hardware just not the phone system.

Jay_od_ua

Reaction score
I haven't tried to talk through Bluetooth cause I don't have any ear piece. I have found that it connects to other phones (after pairing with pin code), but it can't send files, only receive.

jgregoryj1

Reaction score
I really enjoy CM7. However none of m/y gameloft games work except for modern combat 2. Even going iin and deleting the caches for each games doesn't work. Most of them just show the gameloft logo and then bump gback to the homescreen. Anyone have any suggestions for this.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Jay_od_ua

Reaction score
Battery life also isn't good. I'm using GSM service and today for example I had about 10 minutes of talk, 15 minutes of GPS (Navitel), maybe other 10 minutes with screen on for some minor apps and that's about it, so it was mostly on standby. It took like 10 hours to get from 100% to 25%. I had better battery life with original ROM. Hope it's just the matter of time.

After charging back to 100% I've got 78% in 6 hours on standby only.

Last edited:

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Did you try recalibrating the battery by wiping battery stats?

Sent from my cyanoblurred D2G

rusty815

Reaction score
yeah, my battery life on the newest build is bad too, my phone died in 7 hours today... when just yesterday on the older build it lasted me 14 hours and still had 50%

Jay_od_ua

Reaction score
Did you try recalibrating the battery by wiping battery stats?

Sent from my cyanoblurred D2G

I did. But I'll probably do it again with 100% and plugged charger (or anyway to have max charge on it).

BTW, when I was changing to GSM it didn't reboot. It just went to black screen after hitting OK button, then turned on lock screen, then SIM unlock screen. Looked like logging out/logging in.

mreyn3693

Reaction score
I am about to flash the latest build (24) but I figured I would post about my battery life lately. I had been getting an average of 15 hours or so on a charge also but half of that time would be when I was asleep and it would drain 20-30% overnight.

Every time I flash the latest build, I charge to full and calibrate my battery. Then I will let it totally discharge and then I will charge it back to full without taking it off the charger until it's full. I don't know if that helps or not, but that's what the calibration app I am using recommends.

I SBF'd before flashing build 23 yesterday and while setting up everything I decided to make a power widget to disable/enable data. I charged to full last night and then turned off data. I played about ten minutes of a game and after that I was at 94%. I thought to myself the battery life wasn't going to be much better. I went to sleep and then when I woke up I was at 92% after 8 and a half hours. Awesome! So, turning off data overnight helped my battery tremendously. Gonna see how it goes for the rest of the day.

Dfit18

Reaction score
i flashed the lastest build on cm7 and everthing booted but airplane mode is always on and i cant seem to disable it......any suggestions?

mreyn3693

Reaction score
i flashed the lastest build on cm7 and everthing booted but airplane mode is always on and i cant seem to disable it......any suggestions?

I read about that issue somewhere and I think their solution was to manually reselect their operator in settings. Not sure if that will help but it's worth a try

Dfit18

Reaction score

I read about that issue somewhere and I think their solution was to manually reselect their operator in settings. Not sure if that will help but it's worth a try

yea, i cant even get into the mobile networks settings because the airplane mode is preventing me from getting there. :icon_eek:

mreyn3693

Reaction score

yea, i cant even get into the mobile networks settings because the airplane mode is preventing me from getting there. :icon_eek:

ohhh, wow, yeah. i guess wiping and flashing again? And if you can't do that, SBF? I'm on the latest build )rev's nightly 24) and i'm not having that issue

Last edited:

Dfit18

Reaction score

ohhh, wow, yeah. i guess wiping and flashing again? And if you can't do that, SBF? I'm on the latest build )rev's nightly 24) and i'm not having that issue

just data wiped and flashed the latest build 24 and everything seems to be working now, thanks for your help dancedroid

mreyn3693

Reaction score

just data wiped and flashed the latest build 24 and everything seems to be working now, thanks for your help dancedroid
Sweet, glad you got it working. no problem