CyanogenMod 7 for Droid 2 Global [Beta]

Asphyx

Reaction score
im getting battery life thats close to what i got with fenom, i just recently got 2 days of battery life off of the nightlies. i was also experiencing the wifi issues but setting a static IP address fixed it. bluetooth streaming (phone to computer), and bluetooth file transfers work, its just audio during a phone call that doesnt seem to work.

Does your WiFi security use certificates instead of keyphrases?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
just to clarify, Do I only need to wipe cache when installing a nightly?

Asphyx

Reaction score
just to clarify, Do I only need to wipe cache when installing a nightly?

It kind of depends on what has changed in the nightly.
For awhile it was kind of an imperative to wipe cache and data just because changes were made to the 2nd init routines and boot.prop

That was done as of the 7-15 release.

There are some minor commits Rev is making that will probably not require a full wipe as most of what is differenyt is on CM's end not really the D2G port of it.

If any of the major bugs get fixed (BT, GSM Switch and maybe Camera) those might require a good wiping of data and cache.

Read the instructions on the download page it should note any major changes and if and when you really should wipe cache and data.

Of course it is always better to do it but not sure it is always required.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
ahh. that explains why I have setting stick problems and issues with keeping brightness....I guess I have to do a full wipe :/ gonna hold out for the next major release though, as I am happy enough with having the battery drain issue addressed

slimpirudude

Reaction score
I am happy enough with having the battery drain issue addressed[/QUOTE said:
What nightlie was the battery issue addressed?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Byakushiki

Reaction score
It's kind of vaddressed, kind of not lol. Battery life is half'n half as far as I know

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

bikedude880

Reaction score
The battery issue should be fixable via an overlay (or removal of). Currently it's running the same config as stock 330 blur.

Sent from my White DROID 2 GLOBAL.

Asphyx

Reaction score
ahh. that explains why I have setting stick problems and issues with keeping brightness....I guess I have to do a full wipe :/ gonna hold out for the next major release though, as I am happy enough with having the battery drain issue addressed

For Settings stick issue, don't wipe data just wipe cache and then immediatly fix permissions.

The battery issue should be fixable via an overlay (or removal of). Currently it's running the same config as stock 330 blur.

Hey Bikedude! Two questions maybe you can answer...

1 - When the phone is turned off it won't charge. Is that due to 2nd Init replacing or missing something that used to be there?
2 - If I ripped the inits from an install of say Fission, Hexen, Angelrom or Phenom and used them to tweak the current init files being used by 2nd Init would I find the proper tweaks needed to fix both battery life and maybe that charge when off feature?

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

For Settings stick issue, don't wipe data just wipe cache and then immediatly fix permissions.

Hey Bikedude! Two questions maybe you can answer...

1 - When the phone is turned off it won't charge. Is that due to 2nd Init replacing or missing something that used to be there?
2 - If I ripped the inits from an install of say Fission, Hexen, Angelrom or Phenom and used them to tweak the current init files being used by 2nd Init would I find the proper tweaks needed to fix both battery life and maybe that charge when off feature?

You would likely find some battery tweaks in the framework and in init's. It wouldn't break 2nd init as I believe the only REALLY needed file is the init file itself.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I had attempted wiping cache and fixing permissions thru clockwork, had no effect on settings. I ended up doing a full reset/wipe and reflashing the 7/17 nightly which fixed the settings and display brightness issues.

battery life is better than before. on angel 'n bike's build 7 release even in airplane mode the batt would drain as if airplane mode was not even turned on. On fission i could lose like 7% throughout the workday using airplane mode, with CM7 the batt would drop to half regardless of my settings. now it is definitely hitting 75% at the end of my day. obviously not the best yet, but whatever may have been changed is a definite improvement (although I think this is due to the radio change and being able to select cdma/evdo, not from power management)

Asphyx

Reaction score
Charging when off is a moto feature...

Sent from my CM7'd D2G

I know where does it live?
Kernel?
Blur?
Something in the init routine that 2nd init kills?

The phone is off, so what could be running when the phone is turned off to make it work?
And what did we replace to make it stop working?
Since we don't actually replace the Kernel and the phone is turned off, what is different about our current "Off" state that breaks that feature?

Edit: I'm basically wondering if there is something that gets run in the powerdown sequence that implements that charging routine that we can add to the powerdown in CM to make it work again.

Last edited:

Asphyx

Reaction score
You would likely find some battery tweaks in the framework and in init's. It wouldn't break 2nd init as I believe the only REALLY needed file is the init file itself.

Ok I'm gonna try ripping inits from Hexen and see what they do in init compared to our current.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
update: battery drop in airplane is 3-4% per 2 hours, roughly 15% in a workday. this is much much better than the 10-12% drop per 2 hours i was seeing a week ago.

and i havent used an underclock/undervolt utility :D