CyanogenMod 7 for Droid 2 Global [Beta]

mreyn3693

Reaction score
so how's the camera and baterry goin in 7/24 nightly?

Camera still mirrored but can usually get it to act right after flipping from camera to camcorder and back quickly.

Battery is much better for me on build 24 but I think that has to do with me turning off mobile data overnight. Without doing that I was averaging a drain of 20 to 40% overnight with no use. Last night with data turned off it only dropped 2% in 8 hours. Since my last charge it has been exactly 13 hours and I am at 71%. It still seems to drop fairly quickly with data on and while doing stuff on the phone though. I am much happier now without the great drain overnight.

Dfit18

Reaction score
after playing around for a little bit i have found that the alt key on the physical keyboard does not work. i installed the keyboard zip, but it did not fix the issue...anyone else run into this problem?

avenged06x

Reaction score
after playing around for a little bit i have found that the alt key on the physical keyboard does not work. i installed the keyboard zip, but it did not fix the issue...anyone else run into this problem?

Yes sir. This is a known issue!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

avenged06x

Reaction score
Also I to can get it to unmirror when I switch back and forth to the camcorder and camera!

Dfit18

Reaction score

Yes sir. This is a known issue!

ok cool, just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Bug list (copied from rev's post at rw)
QUOTE="RevNumbers"]Currently the known bugs are:

Camera is mirrored
Bluetooth is broken
FC when switching to Global Mode (GSM) (change takes effect on reboot however)
alt-lock doesn't work on keyboard (press alt twice to act like alt lock)
stock live wallpapers don't work (market live walls do)
Compass doesn't work (but GPS is fine)

Quirks which aren't exactly "bugs":
Phone won't charge while off
Displays full charge at ~95%
Jumps charge level (ie goes from 14% to 6%) randomly
Battery drain is on/off. (For some battery is fine, others mediocre, and some horrid)

This is the place to post new bugs

If you aren't running the latest build, flash it and retest before reporting a bug!
Post a logcat with your bug report
Only post bugs that are reproducible
If you have used titanium backup to restore data, or haven't done a data/cache wipe the please don't post bug reports

Nightly builds can be found at www.revnumbers.info/d2g.html

Rev[/QUOTE]

Sent from my cyanoblurred D2G

hellajdm

Reaction score
sorry if this has already been asked but if I'm already running cm7 (7/22) should wipe everything when updating to the next nightly update?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
sorry if this has already been asked but if I'm already running cm7 (7/22) should wipe everything when updating to the next nightly update?

Just wipe cache and dalvik cache.

SSX v2.0

Byakushiki

Reaction score
You guys are lucky :laugh:
I bootloop if I install any further nightly. I add on any one thing like a widget via cw recovery, I bootloop on every build post 7-20. Lucky the adb commands to reboot recovery work...

Sent from my cyanoblurred D2G

Asphyx

Reaction score

For the purposes of testing we suggest you wipe everything as some things may have changed in the nightly build that require it.

If you try a new build and something doesn't work the first thing we will ask you to do is to wipe everything and try again.

Once the rom goes official it should not be needed to wipe everything as all you would be replacing at that point is system.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Just wipe cache and dalvik cache.

SSX v2.0

No need to wipe davlik tbh. I never have and havent had any problems moving from anything. Only time davlik needs to be wiped is changing kernel which isnt a problem with us.

Shouldnt need to wipe between nightlies, only if it says to on Rev's site.

hellajdm

Reaction score
Okay thank you very much. Great work so far, I love running CM7. It is so much faster than everything else offered for the D2G at the moment. I do experience some issues with my 3G not kicking in when needed. But a simple reboot every once and while fixes the issue. I look forward to future progress to be made.

wilboy

Reaction score

Camera still mirrored but can usually get it to act right after flipping from camera to camcorder and back quickly.

Battery is much better for me on build 24 but I think that has to do with me turning off mobile data overnight. Without doing that I was averaging a drain of 20 to 40% overnight with no use. Last night with data turned off it only dropped 2% in 8 hours. Since my last charge it has been exactly 13 hours and I am at 71%. It still seems to drop fairly quickly with data on and while doing stuff on the phone though. I am much happier now without the great drain overnight.

Thanks man!I think it's not yet time for me to switch,I'll wait till the Final release,but really i like the transitions....it's fast!!

mreyn3693

Reaction score

Thanks man!I think it's not yet time for me to switch,I'll wait till the Final release,but really i like the transitions....it's fast!!

Hey, no problem. Figured I'd post a small update. I have since wiped cache and updated to rev's build 25. Didn't restore anything just downloaded necessities from market. I used cm7's built in performance settings to set max cpu to 1000Mhz. Keeping my data off unless I need it is helping out a lot. I've used my phone quite a bit for the last few hours, so it's dropped a lot since i've gotten home from work but since my last charge it's been 22 hours and 6 minutes and I am at 29% battery. I also have my screen timeout at 15sec and my screen on dim unless I need to bump up the brightness.