CyanogenMod 6 Now With Quick Boot

Tino

Reaction score
Its been a great feature that BlackDroid has had on his last couple roms.

You sure about that? If so, please enlighten us with how to enable it.

he has an option that when you press the power button it gives you an option to reboot then it gives you an option to reboot into recovery bootloader or just to reboot.

Rewatch the video. The guy reboots his phone and his phone restarts in under 5 seconds. That option is not in any blackdroid rom or any other droid rom for that matter.... yet. But believe this it will be on the droid first with cyan than it will trickle down to the others.

Kack

Reaction score
You sure about that? If so, please enlighten us with how to enable it.

he has an option that when you press the power button it gives you an option to reboot then it gives you an option to reboot into recovery bootloader or just to reboot.

Rewatch the video. The guy reboots his phone and his phone restarts in under 5 seconds. That option is not in any blackdroid rom or any other droid rom for that matter.... yet. But believe this it will be on the droid first with cyan than it will trickle down to the others.

im not here to argue semantics! ive used multiple roms and CM6 is a nice one too all im stating is that the ud roms have had this option for a couple of builds. and it isnt laggy either ive never used a timer to see how fast it will reboot im just not that impatient.

Tino

Reaction score

im not here to argue semantics! ive used multiple roms and CM6 is a nice one too all im stating is that the ud roms have had this option for a couple of builds. and it isnt laggy either ive never used a timer to see how fast it will reboot im just not that impatient.

It doesn't take a stopwatch to see the new feature. You come into this thread spouting nonsense about features that BD roms have because of the advances cyan roms have made. Until you step up to the big leagues your opinions are worthless. Get familiar.

Kack

Reaction score

It doesn't take a stopwatch to see the new feature. You come into this thread spouting nonsense about features that BD roms have because of the advances cyan roms have made. Until you step up to the big leagues your opinions are worthless. Get familiar.

And your opinion is just as much worthless!

mattg1

Reaction score
This hasn't been in any other rom because it wasn't available, but yes I agree it isn't the end all be all feature but useful none the less

tdog7879

Reaction score
Just got a tweet from cyanogen that this will be on 6.1 he said he had to polish it up! Can't wait just another bad ass feature!

triplem007

Reaction score

Kack, he is talking about the 2second boot/hibernation mode; not the reboot options from the hard press of power button. Both cool features though.

Kack

Reaction score

Kack, he is talking about the 2second boot/hibernation mode; not the reboot options from the hard press of power button. Both cool features though.

lol yeah i got it after i was done sputing off now i cant delete the posts o well.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I don't know if these questions have been asked so I'll ask them anyway. The it affect receving phones calls, text/pics or playing music?

If so then I'd rather stick with a data connection off feature.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Although I don't see any functional benefit for me in having this feature, I must give credit to the developer for putting something out on the market to set himself apart from the others.

suliman

Reaction score
well even if the phone isnt completely turned off, what exactly does this do for the system? does it reset everything including the memory just like a normal reboot would? if so that would be awesome to do something like a quick reboot when your phones not acting right.

UNC

Reaction score
well even if the phone isnt completely turned off, what exactly does this do for the system? does it reset everything including the memory just like a normal reboot would? if so that would be awesome to do something like a quick reboot when your phones not acting right.

Exactly what I was wondering...

And just so y'all know I personally would put my phone in suspend a lot to save my battery if it came back on in under 10 seconds. I would love this feature.