CyanogenMod 6 Now With Quick Boot

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;yJ2b6v3XTFA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ2b6v3XTFA]YouTube - Hibernate mode on CM6.1[/video]

This is getting exciting, I wish I could get this on my device but I can't but if you have Cmod on your device.. You can upgrade. In his most recent video he shows off the quick boot feature he took over from the new Desire and now you can all enjoy some speed.
This goes to show how awesome the Android OS is and how everything can work for anything.
To keep it short, enjoy the video.

Via: AC

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
so I'm assuming it's still using battery while it's "off" then, right? Still, pretty cool dancedroid

smokeelaa

Reaction score
Judging by the title of the video, it will be in a yet to be released 6.1 version.

Probably in the nightly builds.

mjforte

Reaction score
I don't see what all the hype is about this. The phone is not booting that quick from a completely powered off state, it's from a hibernation state. So while it may be neat, it really doesn't have much use unless it could boot that fast after a reboot from recovery during a flashing of a rom or something similar. Who ever really has their phone off anyways?

yamaha83

Reaction score
I don't see what all the hype is about this. The phone is not booting that quick from a completely powered off state, it's from a hibernation state. So while it may be neat, it really doesn't have much use unless it could boot that fast after a reboot from recovery during a flashing of a rom or something similar. Who ever really has their phone off anyways?

because people like cool new toys and its one more thing we can have to say "hey! look what my phone can do!"

fichdak

Reaction score
Its been a great feature that BlackDroid has had on his last couple roms.

You sure about that? If so, please enlighten us with how to enable it.

he has an option that when you press the power button it gives you an option to reboot then it gives you an option to reboot into recovery bootloader or just to reboot.
errr that's not the feature this thread is discussing.. pretty much all roms have what you were taking about