CWRproblems

Arcstriker

Reaction score
I had this problem too on my wifes phone. From stock, rooted with SuperOne Click, the flashed CWM with Odin... everything went fine, hell I even made a backup, I then went to install a ROM and this error came to be.

Heres what I did to get by:

WHILE in Clockwork, and the error pops up, with the power on and everything right where it is, pop the cover off the back, pop out the SD card, and pop it back in (don't have to take it ALL the way out).

Sometimes it takes a try or two to work, but after each time, hit the button to install from SD Card and see what happens, when the list of Directories shows up, your good (until next time).

Not sure if this is a hardware error, or an error isolated with CWM because everything else uses the SD card just fine... But theres the fix until someone else comes up with a real fix.

Mr2001

Reaction score
Now I can't even get it to work by removing/replacing the SD card while CWM is open. Every time I select "choose zip from sdcard" I get the same "Device or resource busy" error.

OP
collinjm01

collinjm01

Reaction score
All I did was re flash the new cwr with odin. I'm still on stock dl09, but I think I'm gonna flash the dl30 rom tonight.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
try rebooting recovery in the advanced menu in CWR...

does your computer recognize your phone as mass storage? did you try that kernel i gave you?
does ODIN recognize your phone?

if it does then use ODIN to flash the new CWR i posted a few posts back and put the update.zip on the root of your sdcard...also after doing this you can copy the update.zip and go into your clockwork folder, delete the recovery-update.zip in there, paste the update.zip in there and rename it to recovery-update.zip and you should be good to go with brand new modded CWMRecovery that you can access in the reboot recovery option thru Rom Manager from now on

Mr2001

Reaction score
try rebooting recovery in the advanced menu in CWR...

does your computer recognize your phone as mass storage? did you try that kernel i gave you?
does ODIN recognize your phone?

if it does then use ODIN to flash the new CWR i posted a few posts back and put the update.zip on the root of your sdcard...also after doing this you can copy the update.zip and go into your clockwork folder, delete the recovery-update.zip in there, paste the update.zip in there and rename it to recovery-update.zip and you should be good to go with brand new modded CWMRecovery that you can access in the reboot recovery option thru Rom Manager from now on
Not sure what you mean about using ODIN to flash the new CWR. I thought ODIN only flashes tar files, and you posted zip files...

Anyway, I did install the modded CWR you provided ("CwM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v2.5.1.x", apparently) by copying it onto the SD card in those two places, and when booted it is able to access the SD card. Yay! I can now tell ROM Manager to make a backup and it reboots into the new recovery and makes a backup.

Changing the kernel didn't seem to affect anything - the original CWR still fails to access the SD card if I install it through ROM Manager. As far as I can tell, the modified CWR is what fixed this problem.