dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sweet! Is there any quick way to describe the recipe of drivers that you needed? Haha
Considering I probably took about 1000 extra steps the one method that did work I find it safe to say...:D

Download PDAnet and then update the drivers using the "naked" drivers provided by 713king. That's what seemed to do the trick. Had I known that probably would've saved a good hour or two tonight alone and would've solved my issues since I started.

so install the driver with PDAnet.
Download the "naked" drivers
Update Android 1.0 with the "naked" drivers through device manager
Success:hail:

713King

Reaction score
awesome! I was having the same problem with drivers sorry I couldnt answer sooner on how to install my phone died :( lol but glad you got it to work!

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
awesome! I was having the same problem with drivers sorry I couldnt answer sooner on how to install my phone died :( lol but glad you got it to work!
Haha all good. Out of frustration I just forgot the basics, took a breather and thought it through and realized how easy it was. Save myself some embarassment:D

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Haha all good. Out of frustration I just forgot the basics, took a breather and thought it through and realized how easy it was. Save myself some embarassment:D

Well, I just discovered this thread again. I looked at it a long time ago and you were getting some good help so I didn't chime it. I know you needed to get ADB up and working, but you could also have installed the CWMR Touch Installer app from the market.

Good luck.

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well, I just discovered this thread again. I looked at it a long time ago and you were getting some good help so I didn't chime it. I know you needed to get ADB up and working, but you could also have installed the CWMR Touch Installer app from the market.

Good luck.
Indeed I could've gone that route, but I didn't want to give up:D
So after about 2 hours of help finally got it working. Installing it through that app was plan B, but I almost never plan on resorting to plan B no matter the situation. I'm stubborn like that:p

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Indeed I could've gone that route, but I didn't want to give up:D
So after about 2 hours of help finally got it working. Installing it through that app was plan B, but I almost never plan on resorting to plan B no matter the situation. I'm stubborn like that:p

Yeah I don't blame you. In fact I went through exactly the same dance as you in trying to get my Windows 7 setup for the Gnex. Drivers were terrible. I ended up getting with either ChevyNo1's adb script or the PdaNet thing. I did both and it just eventually worked.

Anyway, glad you got it.

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yeah I don't blame you. In fact I went through exactly the same dance as you in trying to get my Windows 7 setup for the Gnex. Drivers were terrible. I ended up getting with either ChevyNo1's adb script or the PdaNet thing. I did both and it just eventually worked.

Anyway, glad you got it.
Yup went through every type of driver until the universal one got it working right. I'm just thankful no one else told me to give up and use the installer.:hail: