Kernel question

blackhawkn7

Reaction score
I'ma noob with all of the different things you can do with a Gnex and I'm looking to flash a new rom. I have rooted stock 4.0.4 with franco's kernel and need to know if I am to flash a new rom, do I need to remove franco's kernel and take it back to original kernel before flashing? or it doesnt matter. If so, can I get a brief explanation? Cheers!

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I'ma noob with all of the different things you can do with a Gnex and I'm looking to flash a new rom. I have rooted stock 4.0.4 with franco's kernel and need to know if I am to flash a new rom, do I need to remove franco's kernel and take it back to original kernel before flashing? or it doesnt matter. If so, can I get a brief explanation? Cheers!

When you flash a new ROM, it will come packaged with a kernel and install over whatever kernel you are running now. So no you don't have to do anything with your current kernel, you can just flash the ROM regardless of currently installed kernel.

OP
B

blackhawkn7

Reaction score
when you flash a new rom, it will come packaged with a kernel and install over whatever kernel you are running now. So no you don't have to do anything with your current kernel, you can just flash the rom regardless of currently installed kernel.

thanks!