What have I done? Not able to mount sd partition. unable to open ums lunfile.

OCDroid

Reaction score
Not sure what happened here. I've been trying to backup via clockwork and flash the new bamf 4.0.4.

I was having trouble trying to backup - it was literally taking forever backing up tons of jpgs that I could never find on my phone. We're not talking gallery pictures or anything. So I rebooted, factory reset, booted back into cwm, backed up, and here's where it went wrong I think. During backup it said that it couldn't find the sd partition or something. I didn't think anything of the wierdness b/c I don't usually factory reset from within the phones menu. Well, I flashed the rom and gapps. Now I've got a really mucked up install. no access to the sd from the computer or from cwm. Super unstable. It'll boot, but it won't stay on.

I've got wugfresh's toolkit, btw. I'm going to try to see if any old backups are still available. What to do?

i don't have that first toolkit, I've got this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1392310

I
've got my old Gummy 0.8.2 back up and running (so far). I still can't mount my sd through cwm, although windows seems to be able to use it again. I still get the ums lunfile not found error when attempting to mount through cwm. I see references to it when I google but no fix. Any ideas?

Last edited:

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
try flashing back to stock using fastboot. Its probably a memory block error or something like that. Although I don't know much about the gnex sdcard file system. A flash to stock will repartition and fix the problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

OP
O

OCDroid

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. I'm back running stock 4.0.2, with a new cwm install. Apparently cwm doesn't like built in memory. From reading into it a little more, it seems to be a pretty common problem, and it probably never worked originally. I was freaked though. I've never flashed a rom and ended up with a big bowl of bootloops like I did that time. Total panic attack.