CWM + Kernel

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
So decided to flash Franco's kernel today (first kernel I've ever flashed). Did it through the CWM route; dropped the .zip into the root of the SD and flashed it with CWM. Once it said successful flash for some reason the 'back menu button disabled' and there was no "enter" key, so I pulled the battery. Booted up but stuck at the Google screen. So I go back to CWM and reflash the kernel, and same thing. Flashing back to a backup right now...

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
You have to press both volume buttons together to re enable the back button. Give touch clockwork a try. This issue has been fixed on that one

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You have to press both volume buttons together to re enable the back button. Give touch clockwork a try. This issue has been fixed on that one

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Still it did successfully flash, unless pulling the battery really messes it up. I never pulled the battery in CWM before. I let it sit at the Google screen for 5 minutes and it didn't budge so something must've gone wrong.

Mind providing link for touch CWM?

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok...for some reason I got an email saying you replied to this thread because you were having fastboot troubles, but I don't see it here. Anyway, if you actually are having that problem, I had that once too. You need to uninstall all the drivers. You are going to delete your root folder (assuming you used Sbenson's guide to root). Just go back to Sbenson's root/unlock thread to get the superboot file. Then perform all the steps regarding loading the drivers. Then instead of unlocking and rooting just use the superboot file to get your ADB and fastboot up and running.

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Ok...for some reason I got an email saying you replied to this thread because you were having fastboot troubles, but I don't see it here. Anyway, if you actually are having that problem, I had that once too. You need to uninstall all the drivers. You are going to delete your root folder (assuming you used Sbenson's guide to root). Just go back to Sbenson's root/unlock thread to get the superboot file. Then perform all the steps regarding loading the drivers. Then instead of unlocking and rooting just use the superboot file to get your ADB and fastboot up and running.
Yeah I'm starting all from scratch, without the unlocking/rooting of the nexus.

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Ok I redid all the steps for sbenson's until the actually unlocking of the phone, still a no go...

whenever I type in "fastboot devices" or "adb devices" in I get "___ is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file."

When reinstalling PDAnet I did notice it kept saying there was a previous driver installed, though I thought I uninstalled it before.

Seriously about to use the CWM installer app through the market....

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only problem with that is that you'll likely need fastboot again at some point.

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The only problem with that is that you'll likely need fastboot again at some point.
I don't get why it doesn't recognize though. Gettin a little frustrated with it so I'll take a break from it. I'll try starting from scratch again tomorrow if I have time. Just don't get why it doesn't recognize it's in bootloader

Thanks for helping syndicate:)

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you ever get it figured out? Sounds like a definite driver issue. May have some conflicting with others. You might try USB Deview to remove all of the drivers at once and then start out fresh.

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Nope haven't figured it out, and my main PC actually crashed on me today (Blue screen of death). First one in years, had a feeling it was time for a reformat and memory test. Gonna give it a shot hopefully later tonight or tomorrow. Recovering some files right now....

Thanks for posting the Deview, will definitely remember that for next time

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Nope haven't figured it out, and my main PC actually crashed on me today (Blue screen of death). First one in years, had a feeling it was time for a reformat and memory test. Gonna give it a shot hopefully later tonight or tomorrow. Recovering some files right now....

Sounds like you've been in bad shape lately. ;( Good luck. All I can say is drivers. :p

Sent from the best phone on Verizon!

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Jeez tough luck. You'll get it the next time around.

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sounds like you've been in bad shape lately. ;( Good luck. All I can say is drivers. :p

Sent from the best phone on Verizon!
Technology hasn't been working well with me past couple days. I'm just glad I'm healthy, that's what counts:)

Jeez tough luck. You'll get it the next time around.
If this reformat doesn't work then I'm seriously lost. I tried sbenson's method twice and it still didn't work. Anyone got another method they tried?