Customer Satisfaction at AT&T and T-Mobile Drops

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
four_carriers_logo2.jpg

According to the American Customer Satisfaction Index Survey, AT&T and T-Mobile's customer satisfaction has dropped, and Sprint has accelerated to tie for first place with Verizon. Here's how the index breaks down:
  1. Verizon and Sprint Tied for 1st place, with score of 72
  2. T-Mobile in 2nd place drops to 70, from 73 last year
  3. AT&T is stuck in last place after dropping from 69 last year to 66
Here's a quote from the Yahoo! News article explaining some of the changes,
The American Customer Satisfaction Index also shows tentative declines in customer satisfaction at the other two big carriers, AT&T Inc. and T-Mobile USA. That comes as AT&T has agreed to buy T-Mobile USA for $39 billion in a deal that could close next year.

The acquisition could make AT&T and T-Mobile customers even less happy. Claes Fornell, professor of Business Administration at the University of Michigan and the designer of the ACSI survey, said it is common to find that customer satisfaction drops after a merger.

Cellphone-company mergers bring struggles to combine billing systems, customer support and other functions. Snags can frustrate consumers. One reason Sprint had the worst score in the industry for many years was its disastrous merger with Nextel in 2005.

Sprint and Verizon Wireless both rate a 72 for customer satisfaction in the ACSI survey, which polled 8,000 households in the first quarter. For Sprint, that's a big jump from a score of 56 three years ago, while Verizon's score has been steady. Sprint CEO Dan Hesse has made improvements in customer service a centerpiece of his turnaround plan for the troubled company.
It's not surprising to see the drop in satisfaction with AT&T and T-Mobile, but it's pretty surprising to see such a huge increase for Sprint over just the last 3 years. It's also nice to see Verizon holding steady with good customer service ratings. What do you guys think of these results?

Source: Yahoo! News

music life

Reaction score
its prolly bc sprint is the smallest. so to keep up they give awesome deals on their plans.

i compared prices to get the same thing on vzw and sprint and i woulda saved a lot of money on sprint.

only thing sprint lacks is good signal. but seems enough people think otherwise.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
only thing sprint lacks is good signal. but seems enough people think otherwise.

If its in the same area you live in, if its good for everybody else it should be good for you too. If its bad for you, it probably is bad for everybody else and they just dont realize it.

I just moved and Verizon isnt so good where I live now. Doesnt mean it doesnt have a good signal, just means its not good enough for me where I live now. So Verizon, thats supposed to have the best network still has weak reception areas. Only way you will really know is to try a phone from whatever carrier you wanna go to and see for yourself.

Add to that that some phones actually get better reception than others and for real it can be a crapshoot for getting the best carrier with the best reception for you.

wingdo

Reaction score
Not counting moronic sales people in their retail stores, I've not had any negative experiences with Verizon Wireless reps on the phone. One more than one occasion I have called expecting to have a bad experience only to have things go very smoothly and with my being happy with the results.

BTW, to the second poster, Sprint is currently the 3rd largest of the US carriers with T-Mo 4th (Sprint with 51 Million customers and T-Mo with 33 million)

music life

Reaction score
sorry i was thinking ahead to after the merge. lol

but when i had sprint i traveled all around the area i live. a pretty populated city. the only place i ever got good service was when i went fishing in the middle of the ocean...

also traveled out in the country. was roaming 90% of the time.

with vzw that all changed. so id say sprint is pretty lacking in coverage. at least from my viewpoint. every area is different tho.