Consumer Reports Rates Wireless Carriers; VZW First and AT&T Last for Second Year

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Dec 7, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,597
    [​IMG]

For the second year in a row, Verizon Wireless has come out with the top customer satisfaction awards and AT&T has come in last, according to the latest Consumer Reports survey. Sprint came in a close second to Verizon, and T-Mobile took third. Here's a quote from ConsumerReports with more details,

What do you guys think of these results? Do they line up with your experiences?

Source: Android.net via DroidMatters and ConsumerReports
  2. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

Ratings:
    +49
    What's interesting is how they stand up to each other in the 22 cities.

Verizon lead in Atlanta, Dallas-Fort Worth, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Diego, San Francisco and Seattle.

T-Mobile lead in Austin, TX and Boston

U.S. Cellular lead in Chicago and Milwaukee

Sprint lead in Denver, Kansas City, St. Louis, Tampa and Washington D.C.

AT&T was at the bottom of all 22 cities.

They did say that while one carrier may be above the other, the difference of less than 6 points was not meaningful. For example, Austin, TX was T-Mobile at 74, Sprint and Verizon at 72 and AT&T at 61. So there T-Mobile lead by just a small bit, but was far ahead of AT&T.
  3. akhenax

akhenax Senior Member

Ratings:
    +121
    If Sprint is a close second, then maybe I could save some money by switching over. Hmmm.
  4. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +721
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy s4
    I have been very happy with Verizon outside of anything dealing with the Nexus. They're customer service is top-notch and I have never had any problems when speaking to them. No matter what Verizon store I visit their employees were attentive to details and seemed to genuinely care about my situation. Never had a drop call or anything with them and no matter where I go I seem to be always connected.
  5. devildog9999

devildog9999 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I was with Sprint - I had to talk to "Ahkmed". With VZW I talk to "Steve". That is a win in my book.
  6. eshef

eshef Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Totally agree that AT&T is the pits. I had a contract with them and, to make a very long story short, it took me almost 4 months to get my first month's pre-pay back. Every time I called they had no record of any previous calls and the agent I had spoken with was "no longer there". They couldn't pay me to use them now. :angry: On the other hand, (knock on wood), my experiences with Verizon have all been positive. :icon_ lala:
  7. screaminz2002

screaminz2002 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Wow Sprint must have come a long way from the " you signed a contract for two years so there's nothing you can do about it" attitude. I am surprised to see AT&T last though especially in Texas. There are still a lot of areas where AT&T is the only coverage for miles. Sprint used to be horrid here for spotty reception.