Custom roms on Droid4?

Leapin'Leemers

Reaction score
I installed Rom Manager and I used Rosenberg's root on my Droid 4, successfully. Not sure how to install a custom from here though. I'm not even too sure how safe or possible it is (with all the talk of D4's "locked bootloader"). Let me know, friends.

Last edited:

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I don't think there are any D4 ROMs available yet. I could be wrong though. Im assuming ROMs will start to come out in the coming weeks, but I wouldn't expect a huge development following for the Droid 4. I sure hope I'm wrong though.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
The locked bootloader does not mean you will not be able to use custom ROMs at some point, like the others have said it is just too early on to be any yet. It having a locked bootloader does mean no custom kernels which is the major difference.

Last edited:

RideZeLitenin

Reaction score
Considering how the D4 isn't supposed to get ICS until Q3 2012, I would sure love a ROM or two to be developed within that time.
The D4 is pretty much the same exact phone as the RAZR, which appearantly already has two roms developed for it.

vigvigler

Reaction score
any chance it'll be possible to use the mobile hot spot feature on a future Rom? without paying the redi:p:icon_ devil:c montly fee?

chefboyardee

Reaction score
any chance it'll be possible to use the mobile hot spot feature on a future Rom? without paying the redi:p:icon_ devil:c montly fee?

You can already use mobile hotspot/wifi tethering with a rooted stock D4 for free :)