1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Custom Keyboard Sounds?

Discussion in 'Droid X Hacks' started by meganimel, Jan 11, 2011.

1. meganimel

meganimel New Member

So today I've been redoing the sounds on my Droid X using Root Explorer. So far I've changed the lock/unlock sounds to the sounds of the doors opening and closing on the USS Enterprise-D. I'm basically making my phone Star Trek themed (the notification tone is hailing the frequencies sound) and I had this grand idea of replacing all of the keyboard sounds to the input sounds on the Enterprise!

Well, after I renamed the original files (KeypressStandard.ogg) to .ogg.bak, and put in the new sounds with the exact same file names (just .ogg) and made sure I was on the Droid X's default keyboard and I tried typing away. Well, the sounds are the same. The keyboard keeps making the old sounds and wont use the new ones.

How do I get it to use the new ones? Am I on the wrong keyboard? Help? D:

Edit: I forgot to add that I'm using a custom ROM
    (Fabolous-X), but would this really change where the keyboard sounds are actually located? I'm not sure it would.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
Search tags for this page
android change keyboard sound

android keyboard sound change

change android keyboard sound

change android keyboard sounds

change keyboard sounds android

custom key tones for android keyboard

custom keyboard sound android

custom keyboard sounds android
custom keyboard sounds for android
custom keypad sound for android